free Galaxy S... in UK

hatter

Skilled

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Can't make a call on your iPhone 4? Samsung will help! Samsung? Yes, Samsung UK's official Twitter account (@samsungukmobile) heard the complaints about the iPhone 4 and is giving away free, unlocked Samsung Galaxy S Android phones to act as replacements.

There's no need to return your iPhone 4 to them, no forms to fill out, Samsung just reached out to a few folks over twitter and asked for their contact details and a free Galaxy S was shipped to them.

The official word from Samsung UK:

"Recently there has been a real increase in online activity from consumers dissatisfied with some of our competitors' products. We decided to contact a cross section of individuals to offer them a free Samsung Galaxy S as a replacement, as we're confident that once people have the phone in their hands, they'll see how impressive it is for themselves."
Briefly scanning Samsung's Twitter account, it looks like they've given away more than a handful of Galaxy S units as iPhone replacements already. Sure beats a free case.

Samsung UK Giving Away Free Galaxy S Android Phones To People Who Complain About The iPhone 4
And also the ad:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Well, had I been in Samsung's place, I would have offered them 2 Galasy S phones in exchange for 1 iPhone 4 & then publicly smashed the iPhone 4 to pieces....... :p

That would have sent Apple the 'Don't mess with me' message loud & clear.

Lolzzz :D

@Nehal: Can't do that. Apple brings a lot of business to Samsung. A4 is fabbed by the Korean company and then there is the case of NAND Flash

haha. Sweet.
They handed Apple their behind on a shiny platter. They may only offer this to a few random guys, but get great publicity out of it. Awesome marketing.

Btw, Microsoft is giving out free Windows 7 phones to all its employees, (including the janitors I guess) when it launches. Any MVP feeling especially generous out there? :p

Back