Free Seedbox *read inside* :)

REY619, there are loads of vps and servers out there.Just google up and you will find many.

vishalk and kuduku, you guys have genuine valid concerns regd this and I totally concur with you. Let me first of all assure you, I have no ulterior motive in doing this. My goal was to provide a mere helping hand to those new/old users who are on lower level trackers, who are genuine downloaders and not torrent collectors. Genuine downloaders will one day or the other feel the need for a better net connection because here in india downloads are great, uploads are not. I have been there and I know very well how it feels not to be able to seed back. Then a friend of mine who stays in the US bought himself a seedbox and he let me use it.It was amazing, how easy it was to buffer up at any tracker.This was long time back. I am just carrying forward the good deed. :)

Coming to security issues, I am already at some of the trackers out there and those accounts are in good standing.Again what use is to me these users passkeys ? I already have access to a seedbox which I can very well use to buffer my own account then why would I even need someone else's account or even a dupe account to begin with ? Catch my drift. Besides on tracker part you can always reset the passkey if you find any suspicious activity on your account. It's as simple as that.

People here are very forthcoming while handing out invites, but do they ever wonder how his invitee would manage at the tracker ? Rather than handing out invites I am handing out something which would help in the latter part. :)

nice one , As i said doesnt matter with pass key , PM tracker mods and you are safe

Good initiative keep up the good work

So will this method / guide of creating seedbox from VPS be a secret or you can tell us . i know there are guides but a working one using VPS as seedbox are little difficult

^ Nothing secret, there are many guides on the net on how to setup rtorrent+rutorrent on a vps/dedicated server. Just follow any of them. :)

Hit forums.rutorrent.org for guides.

vishal2055 said:
REY619, there are loads of vps and servers out there.Just google up and you will find many.

vishalk and kuduku, you guys have genuine valid concerns regd this and I totally concur with you. Let me first of all assure you, I have no ulterior motive in doing this. My goal was to provide a mere helping hand to those new/old users who are on lower level trackers, who are genuine downloaders and not torrent collectors. Genuine downloaders will one day or the other feel the need for a better net connection because here in india downloads are great, uploads are not. I have been there and I know very well how it feels not to be able to seed back. Then a friend of mine who stays in the US bought himself a seedbox and he let me use it.It was amazing, how easy it was to buffer up at any tracker.This was long time back. I am just carrying forward the good deed. :)

Coming to security issues, I am already at some of the trackers out there and those accounts are in good standing.Again what use is to me these users passkeys ? I already have access to a seedbox which I can very well use to buffer my own account then why would I even need someone else's account or even a dupe account to begin with ? Catch my drift. Besides on tracker part you can always reset the passkey if you find any suspicious activity on your account. It's as simple as that.

People here are very forthcoming while handing out invites, but do they ever wonder how his invitee would manage at the tracker ? Rather than handing out invites I am handing out something which would help in the latter part. :)

well m8 do u realise that if u give this box to say 3 users and if any tracker digs out that 3 users have same ip on a box, they could be banned for sharring a box? Passkey is never an issue, the ip is. I still don't fancy this idea of urs. To me, you could be one of those who have bought a box frm a tracker and trying to sell space to make money. I am sorry to say this coz i am staff somewhere and i think from a staff's point of view. It could be anything, remember u put urself and the one who uses this box at risk.

vishalk said:
well m8 do u realise that if u give this box to say 3 users and if any tracker digs out that 3 users have same ip on a box, they could be banned for sharring a box? Passkey is never an issue, the ip is. I still don't fancy this idea of urs. To me, you could be one of those who have bought a box frm a tracker and trying to sell space to make money. I am sorry to say this coz i am staff somewhere and i think from a staff's point of view. It could be anything, remember u put urself and the one who uses this box at risk.

But PMing mods/admins of the tracker wouldnt solve it ? You are a staff so tell me . I presume when we buy a cheap seedbox in range of 700/1000 one server will have 5/8 users , so they have the same IP then what do you do ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
You dont need to PM mods to let them know that you are using seedbox

it is always advisable to do that . Why do you want to get banned and then send them proof

All major trackers advise to pm staff about screenshot

vishalk can clear the issue

kuduku said:
But PMing mods/admins of the tracker wouldnt solve it ? You are a staff so tell me . I presume when we buy a cheap seedbox in range of 700/1000 one server will have 5/8 users , so they have the same IP then what do you do ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

it is always advisable to do that . Why do you want to get banned and then send them proof

All major trackers advise to pm staff about screenshot

vishalk can clear the issue

on my tracker we ban users with same ip either on accounts or box, it can also be termed as dupes, it can also be termed as ratio cheats and alot more.

vishal2055 said:
Yeah guys, if you managed to upload like 200GB or so and you feel its enough for you then pass it on to the next guy. :)

Just a small screen of its capability :

ZRqMO.jpg

never quiet understood the use of a seedbox and their speeds they provide because ultimately you 'll have to do a download by urself on your isp. :S

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ggt said:
never quiet understood the use of a seedbox and their speeds they provide because ultimately you 'll have to do a download by urself on your isp. :S

Well , Say you download 1 GB on your seedbox and you have lots of leechers . So That 1 Gb will be seeded for that time and the amount it will upload will be added to your stats. Good way of increasing ratio on ratio minded websites like TL , IPT .

^ ok , thanks :) got it.

some TE members had mentioned on their fb status that their seedbox is on fire like downloading @ 10mbps. i thought one gets downloading rate of 10mbps on a slower connection . :ashamed:

good the doubt got cleared :)

You can upload close to 4TB and download 500Gb if you use a decent seedbox for one month .

Someone with experience rectify the numbers . This is for one tracker :p

The cheap boxes which are provided by many seedbox providers are shared by god knows how many users.I wanted to know which tracker do you staff at ? Your tracker seems to be very strict. Trackers are generally very forgiving when it comes to people using seedboxes. All you need to do is just mention either in your profile that you are using a seedbox with a certain IP or contact any mod/fls crew of that site and forward your box details to them. Users do not come under the radar if their upload is like 10-20GB on 1GB torrent. When the upload is in 100's perhaps it might sound a alarm. But these days the trackers are so well configured as to figure the difference between a genuine upload and a ratio cheated one.

Anyways as mentioned earlier I didnt want to splice up the slot on the first box and give it to ubergeek.So I gave him a different box with a different IP. The "carry forward and share with others" option shouldnt come into play as the upload provisioned per box is a mere 500GB.Had I got this box I would have used up all the 500GB. And I expect both the users who are using it to do so.

Let me reiterate here once again. Please dont use this box on trackers which you value a lot and consider it next to god. Use this box on that tracker ( low level ) which you generally use a lot say ipt and the likes. This box is meant for only those users who dont want to take the paying option for a proper box and are willing to manage on this lean box.

vishalk said:
on my tracker we ban users with same ip either on accounts or box, it can also be termed as dupes, it can also be termed as ratio cheats and alot more.
Which tracker are these most trackers now handle multiple ip and don't ban tested on ipt,scc,FL.ro,bcg,bit-hdtv though all ban multiple account on same ip

xtremevicky said:
You can upload close to 4TB and download 500Gb if you use a decent seedbox for one month .

Someone with experience rectify the numbers . This is for one tracker :p
Upload 10tb and down unlimited but u must always go for unmetered one.

dinjo said:
Which tracker are these most trackers now handle multiple ip and don't ban tested on ipt,scc,FL.ro,bcg,bit-hdtv though all ban multiple account on same ip

yup multiple accounts on same ip is as good as what i said

vishal2055 said:

Which other way can invites be given out then. The maximum we can do here is ask for ratio proofs and a speed test screenie. Any other suggestion would help us all.

@VishalK:

I am not able to understand your posts at all. You are posting half of what you know. Either probably because you are a staff or do not want to tell. It is confusing this thread. You mention that seed boxes can be used, then you mention multiple IPs can cause a ban on the same box. It is quite obvious that you have great expertise in this field :) but more tangible information would help.

I tell you a simple logic which trackers follow !

You download a Torrent on the seedbox and you can download on the seedbox , download a torrent on your home IP and download it there . No big deal . Most trackers are NOT one ip trackers .

The problem comes when you a download a torrent at your home ip and send it to seedbox and start downloading there .

I really wonder where he is a staff member !

well rules on most trackers are the same, as u all know that if u have a seedbox which is shared by 4 users, an example, now u know all 4 of them will show the same download ip on a particular tracker, in this case the staff of that tracker has 2 choices, one to disable u or 2 to pm u and ask u bout details. In anycase, if u share a box between a couple of users, those users on that box will have the same ip as leeching and seeding.

As for where i am staff.. no comments..

I also discussed this further in my trackers staff chan on irc and it was said that its not allowed to share a box btw couple of users coz they would on profile reflect the same ip. This could be mis-used to ratio cheat, etc.

BTW i no more staff now but i still have VIP axx in the staff chan on my tracker

Back