FREEDOM - Politically in 1947, Technological by 1947

Emperor

Skilled
Freedom through majdoori - for people like him who "do not believe in work-life balance."

Why is this guy in the news so often nowadays? Is Ola planning something? Their PR is going crazy.
Yes you are right. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had approved Ola Electric's Rs 7,250 crore IPO. IPO is likely to include a fresh issue of Rs 5,500 crore and an offer for sale (OFS) of Rs 1,750 crore, totalling Rs 7,250 crore. The company is likely to be listed on Indian bourses in the first week of August.

He's trying to becoma Elon musk of India. Even my work hour goes beyond 70 when I put my podcast time, travel time, office party outing. :p

Indian Youth Mentality ... enjoy leisure lifestyle like Switzerland (with Bai & Baatli) and want progress like China/USA.

Want to enjoy life/family/social life etc. Like Ambani, Adani, TATA, Birla etc., but not willing to work like how Adani himself and Dhirubhai Ambani works in their 20s-30s-40s-50s and even in 60s and Ratan Tata still working in 2024 @86 and L&T A.M. Naik @82 and Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was working till he breathed his last breath.

Yes you are right. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) had approved Ola Electric's Rs 7,250 crore IPO. IPO is likely to include a fresh issue of Rs 5,500 crore and an offer for sale (OFS) of Rs 1,750 crore, totalling Rs 7,250 crore. The company is likely to be listed on Indian bourses in the first week of August.

He's trying to becoma Elon musk of India. Even my work hour goes beyond 70 when I put my podcast time, travel time, office party outing. :p
Yah I never understood this 'work more' mentality when everyone know donkey work gets you nowhere. You're right; he's prolly including his partying with potential investors etc. as 'work' since it's 'networking'.

But to the point of the article, 'India needs its own AI' is pretty rich coming from someone who just copied Uber.

Which brings me to the larger point of, what is the original work being done in India in the tech field? I mean Flipkart, Ola etc. are just copies. Where's the original, actual homegrown, work or idea or tech that is not in some hyped field like 'AI'?

Where's the original, actual homegrown, work or idea or tech that is not in some hyped field like 'AI'?
we are not willing to work 70 hrs. a week and want ORIGINAL actual HOMEGROWN Work/Idea !!!

Dream is something that doesn't allow you to sleep. The Dream is not what you see in sleep; Dream is the thing which doesn't let you sleep.

If you don't build your dream, someone else will hire you to help build theirs.

Indian Youth Mentality ... enjoy leisure lifestyle like Switzerland (with Bai & Baatli) and want progress like China/USA.

Want to enjoy life/family/social life etc. Like Ambani, Adani, TATA, Birla etc., but not willing to work like how Adani himself and Dhirubhai Ambani works in their 20s-30s-40s-50s and even in 60s and Ratan Tata still working in 2024 @86 and L&T A.M. Naik @82 and Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam was working till he breathed his last breath.

Calm down Murthy

Which brings me to the larger point of, what is the original work being done in India in the tech field? I mean Flipkart, Ola etc. are just copies. Where's the original, actual homegrown, work or idea or tech that is not in some hyped field like 'AI'?
Zoho by Sridhar Vembu comes to mind. A lot of verticals, all of which other companies exist in, but none under the same umbrella like Zoho is.

Also, irrelevant to the discussion, if I remember right, it is one of the only tech companies that is entirely privately funded and no part of it is VC funding.

Ola CEO Bhavish Aggarwal has shared his vision for India's growth. He claimed that by increasing the economic growth rate from 8 per cent to 12 per cent, India can transform into a $50 trillion economy by 2047. Aggarwal claims that this goal involves leveraging advanced technologies, particularly AI and new energy, to drive growth and competitiveness.
Simply increase GDP growth rate from 8% to 12% with "AI"? Woah! Why didn't anybody ever just think of that?

We need to get Raghuram Rajan on the phone and get this done before China realizes 12%>8% too. Good thing we have such an endless list of thought leaders here to provide us with all this critical economic analysis for free.

Which brings me to the larger point of, what is the original work being done in India in the tech field? I mean Flipkart, Ola etc. are just copies.
They're indigenous and successful. The first term is the point. To make as much locally saves on imports.

If Japan or China had your 'it's just copies' attitude they'd not have got very far.

In fact this attitude is typically British. Unless it's a quantum leap over what we already have then it doesn't count. That's a pretty hard act to keep up.
Where's the original, actual homegrown, work or idea or tech that is not in some hyped field like 'AI'?
I'd rate big baskets logistics as world class. Giving me a choice of delivery window and sticking to it consistently is laudable. Amazon still hasn't got that in the last twenty years.

Joke's on him, I have been employing my trillions of cells, molecules, organelles and organs since birth. They work 24x7 without a break but never complain. They don't complain about being underfed and continue working even if I choose to not feed them some days. They get many perks such as free healthcare without insurance. Learn from them you sloths, you idiots. 70 hours a week shows how lazy bums you guys are. Man up and work all 168 hours.

Back