FREEDOM - Politically in 1947, Technological by 1947

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why are you wasting your time posting on online forums instead of working hard and feeding your mummy and daddy who toiled their whole life to raise you?
You are a disappointment and an insult to their hard work.

And if you are working for 70 hours a week (10 hrs/day in a week, or 14 hrs/day for 5 days in a week), where the f do you have the energy or the time to do other stuff? What will you do with all the millions you earn if you die before you spend them? Gift it to someone else's children/grand children?

The harder YOU work, the more yachts/lands/shares YOUR BOSS can buy.

Also, are you actually Mr. Squintz or is he paying you to post BS like this on the internet?

PS: Emperors are dead. The citizens are kings now ;)
if what I post is BS, than what is your intellectual level who just get pissed off and die hard to reply using F words that you can't use in front of your Parents?

Emperors are still there and people keep working for them ranting BS in social media but do not dare to talk openly with real identity.

If you and like minded have dare than go seat with Squint Eyes and talk matching eye to eye, prove that what he told is not right....

The typo in the header threw me .. while on the actual topic, I could not resist a Nic Cage -
1000018569.jpg

If any company didn't contributing a single notable thing to the field of software engineering do we need to blame company or employee or BOTH?

How much was freshers salary in infy since 2010?

Did any one bind that freshers not to join any other good company that are paying more than infy?

If your parents, after working more than 70 hrs. or more in a week, burning hard earn savings and came to a point of bankruptcy while running a business with no income in initial stage and with hard work if earn good money at later stage of life and donate to you or your child, why there should ache in my stomach?
In my previous job, I worked for 13-14 hours, 6-7 days a week, hardly any offs, got paid peanuts, suffered kidney failure, and gained 50+ kgs. After quitting, I was immediately replaced without breaking a sweat, after 10+ years of hard work.

Point being made here - you may thump your chest, and scream patriotic nonsense like this, or you see the reality of things and realize that you are an expendable commodity for people such as Bhavish Aggarwal/Murthy. If such things aren't encouraged, the economy will still grow steadily, but with much more productivity.

Which brings me to the larger point of, what is the original work being done in India in the tech field?
Tech field has very little original work in the US too. The top companies are there because of their skill in crushing competition, marketing, playing golf with highly placed people etc.

1. Bill Gates got the IBM project without competing, just because his mom was a lawyer with IBM and IBM thought PC market is worth 6 PCs a year worldwide. So just give it to the kid.

2. Facebook was nothing original, and the code base was pathetic quality PHP code until it became a billion dollar company. Its success was in marketing : e.g. by making it available to only elite university people, it became a coveted brand.

3. Google's pagerank was good, but just incremental progress over Altavista and others.

4. Nvidia and Apple buy up all capacity from TSMC's most advanced chip fabs, and all competitors need to work with previous generation fabs.

All these are smart companies, and more importantly, can afford to employ smart people. But "original" work is rare.

Thinking hard, I guess 3D vcache from AMD is one of the relatively original things in tech. Dr Lisa Su did her PhD related to this topic, and is now implementing it.

@kiran6680 These are very broad, vague examples.
There are many companies, university and individual group which focus on actual research and IP. AT&T (actually Bell system), apache foundation, cisco, sun, google, motorola etc they have published thousands of paper which speed up innovation and bring new technology.

Point being made here - you may thump your chest, and scream patriotic nonsense like this, or you see the reality of things and realize that you are an expendable commodity for people such as Bhavish Aggarwal/Murthy. If such things aren't encouraged, the economy will still grow steadily, but with much more productivity.
There will always be hungry people willing to put in the hours. The ones from smaller towns come to the big city and for them land that dream job.

In 1960, south Korea was poorer than Pakistan. Wrecked after the war they were rebuilding and a delegation visited Lahore to learn about town planning. It wasn't until the 80s that things in the south improved. The north remained better off until then. Military dictatorship in the south insisted on 100% literacy

Look at both Koreas today.

They moved into India in the 90s and are household names. The Japanese took more time to warm up to India. So chaotic compared to their culture. But the Koreans were the first movers and captured large segments. The Koreans were more hungry than the Japanese.

The work culture in Japan was similarly long hours. You worked for the company and they looked after you. There was job security back then.

Is China any different?

The point is all these countries went ahead through a lot of conviction and hard work. Japan is the only democracy there. The others like S. Korea & Taiwan were military dictatorships transitioning later to democracy

Nvidia and Apple buy up all capacity from TSMC's most advanced chip fabs, and all competitors need to work with previous generation fabs.
That's not a shade on Nvidia/Apple. TSMC is a pure play foundry, and they are just unbeatable atm.

Thinking hard, I guess 3D vcache from AMD is one of the relatively original things in tech. Dr Lisa Su did her PhD related to this topic, and is now implementing it.
Intel implemented that before with Broadwell chips, specifically the i7-5775c and i5-5675c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back