Frequent BSOD's: windows 7

kauzy

Skilled
I am getting frequent BSOD's since past couple of days if i leave my computer idle, precisely after every 7 minutes. Whenever i play any game, it doesn't occur. kindly assist me :(

i have attached the minidump.

system config:

i5 2400
asus p8h67mx

corsair vengeance 2x4 GB
6950 sapphire
seasonic ss750JS

Can you check the Event Viewer--> System to see what is the cause of the error messages? You can filter it by errors to see only the errors.

Have you installed any hardware over the past couple of days? It can be a network card or any other hardware or even software too.

kauji baba, what is the version of the Catalyst drivers? Is it 12.4? Because installation of 12.4 gave me some horrible frequent BSODs and I was forced to do a fresh OS installation. I chose Windows 8 Consumer Preview this time instead and installed the AMD Consumer Preview drivers.

Mine says:

On Tue 19-Jun-12 7:15:24 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x00000000)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41287, 0x30, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

Are my ram modules going bad? :(

kauji baba, what is the version of the Catalyst drivers? Is it 12.4? Because installation of 12.4 gave me some horrible frequent BSODs and I was forced to do a fresh OS installation. I chose Windows 8 Consumer Preview this time instead and installed the AMD Consumer Preview drivers.

rofl @baba.. :rofl:
anyways.. i am using the default drivers which came with the card.. i reckon 13-027.. currently have kept the desktop on for an hour or so.. no BSOD's as of now.. lets see..

Mine says:

Are my ram modules going bad? :(

Have you done a Memtest86 check? If not please do that. Link for direct USB installable Memtest utility.

Insert one module in a slot and run the test. Repeat for the second test. If Memtest throws errors, your stick is faulty.

@kauzy, if it's default drivers and does a bsod agin, try removing them completely and reinstalling them once again. @Faraz, its an unknown fault. possibly due to some software that does not use memory wisely. You can do a memtest if you want to rule out the ram error.

Last edited by a moderator:
@6pack.. i haven't got a BSOD yet after 2 hours of continuous idle time.. so i guess it was a driver issue.. lets see..

Last edited by a moderator:
Done the memtest86. Got no errors. BSOD usually happens at the click sound of the hd when pc shutsdown. I guess my old 250gb seagate is dying.

Just did the stability test of the system. Min temp: 47 Goes to 90+ within secs of starting the stability test. Didn't knew the stock cooler was so crap. :no2:

Back