Frequent disconnection with Airtel Beetel 220 bx modem

I have airtel connection, modem beetal 220bx

Last many months I am having problem with frequent disconnection. Complained to airtel they kep on dilly dialing the issue bcoz this disconnection happens randomly when it happens I have to swith off the modem then strat again & problem gets resolved as if there was no problem at all.

I was told by airtel that my computer mayu have virus but that was double checked, then I was told it could be driver issue, I uninstalled network drivers (deleted) then reinstall it all over again yet teh problem remains of frequent but random disconnection.

Now on last 3 complains to airtel I was given 3 different reasons by 3 different people.

1. guy from airtel told me that its there backend copper connection problem since then I have not haerd from him .

2. another guy came in he said that the modem is faulty but would not replace the modem or give a spare modem for testing to confirm that modem indeed is a problem or not. He says I have to buy new modem as airtel wont replace it any more.

3. another guy came over & now says its the internal wiring problem airtel cant do anything you have to get it checked/changed from your electrician (who wont have any clue) He did not have any testing instrument just gave an observation.

Basically airtel is outsourcing all these service guys from Alcatel & they dont care much.

Here are few screen shots which shows that SNR signal drops too low when this network problem happens

[attachment=13804:airtel bad snr.jpg]

Normally when its working the SNR is quite good.

[attachment=13805:airtel snr.jpg]

What could be the problem & how can I solve it, I can buy modem but I need to be sure if that is indeed a problem.

Airtel sucks

Attachments

• airtel bad snr.jpg
    airtel bad snr.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 403
  • airtel snr.jpg
    airtel snr.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 374
It must be the line. I faced similar disconnection problem when my line had problems. I later realized that the line was about to break (because I had closed the window shutter with line still hanging around. :p). Airtel technician checked line and confirmed that that it needed replacement.

I suggest you threaten CustomerCare with action from Consumer Court because line faults are treated with the highest priority and the SLA is around 4 hrs.

Beetel 220bx is the worst modem. I m sure its the modem problem coz I had the same problem and after changing modem everything was fine

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

So what modem should I buy? either from the airtel or from the market.
This problem again started in last 2-3 days the big mystery is that this connection dropping happens randomly I posted on 9th May.
Since 14th May it has been working till 1st july.

Get the line checked first. If possible, get a friend's modem and check to see if the problem goes away. No sense buying a new modem and still having the same issues. And it's bullshit that Failtel can't do anything about the wiring. They're the ones who pulled the wire till your house/apartment, so obviously they can check and replace it. I had them do it for me once when I had a similar issue. Solved all my problems. If they keep insisting that they can't do anything, tell them that you want to terminate the connection. That usually makes them wake up and do something. In any case, you probably should switch to some other ISP. Their customer care is shit and once you start having problems with them, you'll need a miracle to get things sorted out!

I agree with Edrill. I have an Airtel connection with the same problem. We even got a new backup modem which also faces the same issue. Airtel refuses to replace the line. I am currently testing competitor ISPs on my machine before recommending a replacement for the rest of the household. I'd recommend you vote with your wallet.

One year on & I am still with the same problem, the big issue I am facing is that if indeed its a line problem (internal house wiring) then why is it then the same line starts working perfectly fine for 2-3 months then the same problem resurfaces again? A bad line should consistently drop ping. Same applies to modem or router both could be at fault but then when they work flawlessly for 2-3 months.

It has to be some issue which either airtel switch box which they fix that's why it works 2-3 months before it develops the problem, mostly they re-punch the wire in their junction box & the problem gets rectified .

I have changed power plug of modem to usb power now that has been working past many month but this random connected trouble is eating my head now & airtel guys are just asking me to relay the internal wire, which is not an easy task. I asked them to check the wire continuity they refuse to do so saying we don't take care of internal wiring but then why did they install new connection 5 yrs ago on that internal wiring they don't have an answer.

I can change TPlink router or modem but I need to be sure about whats at fault otherwise it would be a futile expanse. Airtel is offering me to relay the wire from outside the house which our RWA will not allow.

In the days of dial-up my phone line used to drop connections frequently during rains. The problem was traced back to faulty underground line getting flooded every monsoon. :p

Well to be frank this does not exactly solve your problem, but definitely indicates that anything can go wrong from the exchange till the last mile connectivity.
I suggest,
1. Pay some tip to the Airtel Engineer the next time he visits your premises.
2. Ask him to check line attenuation/signal strength. These guys carry a device to measure signal strength.
3. Escalate to Area/Regional Manager if required.

2. Ask him to check line attenuation/signal strength. These guys carry a device to measure signal strength.
These guys are being outsourced now days from Alcatel & they don't carry such equipment which I have asked them plenty of time to measure the signal at the junction box then inside the house to determine where the fault lies.

Rain /flooding can indeed cause this but in my case of row housing these cables are neatly drawn inside a plastic pipe at the 1.5 feet height from the floor so the chances of them flooding are rare but yes it can happen. Last year I asked the electrician to check the wires & he could only check with the multimeter for line continuity.

Back