Frequent disconnections on BSNL UL750 plan

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Hey guys, I am facing frequent disconnections from the past few days. My modem is ASUS DSL-N10. The ADSL keeps blinking for a while and gets stable, but the Internet light doesn't switch on.

Sometimes the ADSL doesn't stabilise at all. But sometimes I am connected for an hour or 2 with the usual speeds, if lucky for up to 12 hours at a stretch, but after that there's a disconnection. Either the ADSL itself is switched off, or only the internet light is off. The diagnosis of modem states either the telephone line is unplugged(when no ADSL light) or failed to authenticate PPoE/PPoA(when there's an ADSL but no Internet).

Here are some values:

Update Counter : 427

Lan Tx : 60518

Lan Rx : 47915

ADSL Tx : 46533

ADSL Rx : 56625

CRC Down : 0

CRC Up : 36204

FEC Down : 8

FEC Up : 46254

HEC Down : 14209

HEC Up : 0

Line State : 3

Modulation : 4

SNR Up : 13.5

SNR Down : 6.1

Line Attenuation Up : 21.6

Line Attenuation Down : 46.0

Data Rate Up : 640

Data Rate Down : 5349

P.S. - As of this writing the ADSL light is on, but the internet light isn't. Posting through mobile internet.

Update: It's connected now.

The updated values now:

Update Counter : 117

Lan Tx : 2403

Lan Rx : 1470

ADSL Tx : 1047

ADSL Rx : 1300

CRC Down : 0

CRC Up : 18

FEC Down : 0

FEC Up : 33444

HEC Down : 135

HEC Up : 0

Line State : 3

Modulation : 4

SNR Up : 6.0

SNR Down : 6.1

Line Attenuation Up : 21.6

Line Attenuation Down : 46.0

Data Rate Up : 640

Data Rate Down : 6141

Can't wait till it gets disconnected again
<

<

Either modem defective or telephone wire defective (the one that comes in to your house). Test with another modem first. If the wire is guilty, get a private electricityman and get it tested/ repaired. If you call the bsnl line-man, ask for a wire change. They'll do some funny test and usually say its fine but dont listen to them - show them the other modems not working either, and insist assertively for a wire change.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

nah its not modem fault. i'm having same problem in whatever plan i took from past year. tured out to be fault of bsnl. they changed modulation from Fast Path to Interleaved. This makes modems connect after 3-4 minutes instead of 15-20 seconds like in fast path.

My net is usually down for atleast 15-20 days in a month due to this. i can connect only during daytime. at night time this problem starts.
<

all downloads stopped from past two months.

no it does not. the problem is from the telephone exchange's local internet server. they switch it off sometimes for maintenance problems etc. most probably this is because they do not have standby servers.

tried with UL plan and combo plan too. only way is to go to the telephone exchange and complain if it does not get solved in one or two days.

Do you have 2 lines at home ? Is splitter is being used if not then problem is from exchange BTW why its showing DownSteam as 6141 ?

Do you have 2 lines at home ? Is splitter is being used if not then problem is from exchange BTW why its showing DownSteam as 6141 ?

Yes, a splitter is being used to split the signal to a telephone and the internet. As to why the Data Rate Down is 6141, I have no idea. I had many disconnections again since I started this thread. Have given a complaint, but they don't act on it much. They probably think it's only a few disconnections and no big deal. Thinking of changing to any other ISP like ActTV, but they're not available in my area.

Back