Frequent Internet Disconnections

Hi

As the name says, internet gets disconnected frequently, I have an Airtel connection 256 kbps UU, model 220BX ADSL2+MODEM. As you know there are four lights on that, Power, Link, Data, PC/USB. only Power n PC/USB lights glow, sometimes the remaining two glows, and then disconnects, and then glows again, then i have to w8 for may b 15-45 mins for it 2 reconnect, I called up Airtel, one person came over, he changed the configurations of the router, etc etc, it worked fine and after some time the same pblm, he comes now and then fixes it and goes, i got little frustrated, i told him again, this has been happenin for nearly over 2 weeks, he says he'll change the modem, tomorrow(19th-4), anyway i still doubt that would work, the connections are proper, the ip address is proper, so any suggestions. im goin mad without the internet :D,, as i write this, there is no link, n im waitin for it to com :mad: :mad: . ............

Thnx in advance...

1). Was the modem working perfectly before ? if yes goto step 2
else goto step 7

2) have u checkd if the problem persists with a USB modem ( or the USB interface for the 220bx) ..a web distributor 1?? if yes &was working fine goto
step 3

3) upgrade the firmware to latest..google for it ;) . did this solve the problem if yes goto step 6

4)is your eth port onboard? have u used it before with other hardware..switch,hubs,lappys' without any problems ?
if no check whether the port is good...& start again
if yes , it is working neatly goto step 5

5) if u think there is problem with the config,erase all the config & do it yourself. did this work? if no goto step 7

6) Enjoy your new airtel experience

7) theres' always CC///call them up for replacement.

make sure you dont have any problem with the line splitter. i had a similar problem replacing the splitter everything worked fine.

well, the connection is kind of ok now, there was a problem with the splitter, the line, well anyway, the connection isnt kind of stable i face some lag in the browsing. well anyway, i'll keep u informed, i got the connection now only :d :eek:hyeah:

Back