Mac OS Fresh MAC OS installation, need help with drivers !

arunlakra15

Disciple
I successfully installed MAC OS 10.7.2 with the help of iATKOS_L2 dmg file. iATKOS_L2 didn't need any iboot/rboot dvd. Here is the pic after I upgraded to MAC OS 10.7.3 and installed Nvidia drivers for my Nvidia GTX 560 Ti from http://www.nvidia.co...f01-driver.html :

Desktop Pic

My Ethernet drivers doesn't work though. I checked the checkbox for Ethernet drivers during MAC OS 10.7.2 installation. Here is the pic which shows that the Cable in Unplugged even though it is plugged :

Network showing Cable Unplugged

Any suggestions as to how I can get my Ethernet drivers working ?

use multi beast with your DSDT and whats you hardware ? Then I might be able to help . The iBoot CD is only needed if you plan to use a USB of iAtkos / Retail installation .

I did a fresh install toady with iAtkos and the only difference to iBoot Multibeast method is that this allows MBR so dual booting is a charm with windows boot loader
happy19.gif

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/609678 .

CPU : Intel Core i5 - 2500K

Motherboard : ASUS P8 H61 B3 Stepping Motherboard

GPU : MSI GTX 560 Ti

RAM : 8 GB DDR3

Since my motherboard's inbuilt Network Adapter (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) doesn't work, I've added an extra card (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC) which works just fine in windows.

ID for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller : VEN_10EC&DEV_8168

ID for Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC : VEN_10EC&DEV_8139

The System Information in Mac OSX shows Ethernet Adapter ID of inbuilt Network Adapter which doesn't work. Here is the pic :

System Information and Network Utility

So I suppose, the added (Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC) card is not compatible with MAC OS or do I have to do something in order to make MAC OS identify the Ethernet Card ? I'm a complete newbie here. I'll appreciate any help
<

After checking out the HCL, it seems you have the "right system". so most things would work.

For Network Card(Ethernet), try RTL81xx Driver kext. See if you can disable onboard non working card? there might be a option to do that in BIOS. Atleast on my board, there is. disabling it would remove the possibility of a conflict.

Hope it helps

I've already tried RTL81xx Driver kext, didn't work. I wish I could disable the onboard ethernet. I went inside BIOS, but couldn't find any option to disable the onboard ethernet. Installing the OS again, customizing during installation and unchecking the checkbox for (Built-In Ethernet). Will report what happens then.

I suppose, I got the solution. I downloaded :-

1. Kext Beast from http://www.tonymacx86.com/C:Dq-OCPpT/KextBeast.zip

2. AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext.zip from http://205.196.122.23/872a0wb415wg/b203gx9n87kdc47/AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext.zip

And now, MAC OS detects two Ethernet, one is the built-in ethernet and other one is the added extra PCI ethernet.

Now, its working well except that the downloads are not as fast as it is in windows. DL Speed (Windows : 120 KBps & MAC OS : 40 KBps) Must be a problem which I need to figure out soon.

well since you have a sandy build you will find your DSDT from tonyx86mac and apply using multibeast
<
. thats way you will get everything working at good speeds
<

wow.. assure me that applying DSDT using Multibeast won't screw up anything, also regarding Windows 7
<
btw, apart from that my motherboard Asus P8H61 has got Realtek® ALC 887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC *[sup]1 [/sup]and this isn't working. Any solutions for that ?

Well, I have almost same hardware as you (i5 2500k, Asus P8P67, G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 1600MHz RAM). How does MacOS performs on this? I hope it's not slow because I am planning to actually try it out. I hope it is as fast as Windows 7

applying dsdt properly wont screw up anything ... am using it and performace is also good as you see in the benchmark link i shared. for me everything works fine audio video sata3 usb3 all

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

for dual boot i setup using easy bcd in windows ..

#[member='Rahul++']

It works fine in my PC
<
Everything works just fine and it doesn't appear slow, its actually fast yeah
<
I wish I had got enough time to explore this Operating System but exams nearing and I gotta get back to hostel
<
Will continue exploring at the end of this month xD

#[member='ReVo_007']

Okay, I'll do as you suggested at the end of April. I have one more question regarding dual boot setup. I have two HDD and I've installed Windows 7 on one and MAC OSX on another. Now when I want to go into MAC OSX, I have to change the SATA Mode to AHCI in BIOS beforehand (coz in IDE Mode, it doesn't boot up) and select the MAC OSX HDD in boot device options at the startup. When I want to go into Windows 7, I again change the SATA Mode to IDE and select Windows HDD in boot device options at the startup (in AHCI Mode, a blue screen appears and it restarts). So, how do I eventually make a dual boot setup anyway ?

which bootloader you using ? and i would say if you dont mind then put your sata mode to ahci and format windows... am just saying this as migration from ide to ahci was never successful for me .i have win on my ssd and mac on hdd and they dual boot just fine but i use ahci by default.

if you are using chameleon or chimera then select the system reserve partion instead of your actual win7

follow multibeast if that doesnt work then try all this .... multibeast is the safest way to go

did you delete all the HDA next before running multi beast ? cause AFAIK everything works on your motherboard. User DSDT with the "ALC8xxHDA" "AppleHDA Rollback" should work or you can add the "Non-DSDT HDAEnabler>ALC887" but for me that was not required .

Yeah, I deleted all the HDA before running Multibeast and did just what you mentioned. Still it didn't work. Then, I deleted the AppleHDA.kext file again, and installed AppleHDA.kext which I downloaded from somewhere which I don't remember.
<
Rebooted, and voila it did work ! Yipee
<

Now, everything's working just fine and there isn't any extra noise/buzz sound which other users have encountered as per my findings in other forums.

All my problems are solved now xD

Here is the pic
<

Sure thing ! I'm eagerly waiting for this month's end when exams will finally permit me
happy19.gif
#[member='ReVo_007'] Thanks to you for helping me along the way to build an error free Hackintosh
<

Back