Fresh n HOT from Newegg!!

Vandal

Skilled
My penultimate lot of stuff just got here after quite a wait, my friend finally came down!

Stuff in the pics:
EVGA 8800GTX
4 x 1 GB OCZ Platinum 1066 MHz (5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v)
4 x SFlex 120 mm 63 CFM (3 from todphod, 1 from my buddy who came down)
Audio Technica ATH A900

Pic talk:

Audiotechnica ATH A900:

Most of you guys won't be familiar with these. Great cans for the price, easily driven, ultra comfy, only issue is sharp highs, and slightly weak bass during the burn in period...They're close cans, the ATH AD900 are open...Didn't want others to hear what I'm up to :p

check out the size of those cups :p perv not those cups - these!!

very comfy...no pressurising headband...

Another angle...

OCZ Platinum PC2 8500:

The stickers...

Aren't we beautiful?

Shameless posers! they love the lights!!

Staggered formation!

The Beast: EVGA 8800GTX

The return of the king!

F*ck! This things huge...

A$$ ends up!

One last shot...
The SFLEX 63CFM 120mm fans:

Chill pill (as bikey would say!) to keep them beasties cool!!!

Prices from Newegg for the memory and GPU. The SFlex are from sidewinders, the audio technica's from audiocube (189 $ or thereabouts). The memory came to 310 US. 8800GTX - 515 US$

Enjoy!!

Congrats man!

although i dont fully agree with the RAM choice you made, but the rest of the stuff is awesome...

also, u were gonna buy some chieftec cabinet na, what quote did u get for the same and u have any link for the same?

Udit said:
congrats :D .. awesome purchases :eek:hyeah: .. enjoy the 8800GTX for 3.5 months :p

doubtful all those claims...anyways I bought it for DX9!! after which I'll probably sell it to some non-discerning f00l like you :rofl: and pick up a 9900gtx or something :rofl:

rave @ the memory why not? something I don't know about OCZ?

^^what chips are these? Sorry not sure at all...

q6600 plans cancelled, courtesy a peer to n00b lecture from muh man RiO...E6750 or E6850 mostly, then gonna sit tight for the quad penryn. Mobo P5B dlx...check siggy all the stuff is listed there...

Vandal said:
doubtful all those claims...anyways I bought it for DX9!! after which I'll probably sell it to some non-discerning f00l like you :rofl: and pick up a 9900gtx or something...

rave @ the memory why not? something I don't know about OCZ?

Good stuff...though I wouldnt have bought the 8800GTX "now".

Yeah...Dammit I couldn't sleep properly after I got the stuff. I actually went to bed, woke up after tossing and turning and then got out the stuff and the camera. Just couldn't sleep without clicking for an hour...Same pics - which is why they're not too good :p I was still bleary eyed ;)

the sticks have Micron D9GMHs but you could have saved some cash and gone with G.skill or ballistix 800 which has the same chips, all of them wud do 1000 @ 5-5-5 hehe

anyway when it comes to you, saving cash is the least of your issues i gather..

and u didnt tell me the quote u got for the chieftec cabinets, or is it suppose to be a secret? :p

Udit said:
hmm so iam a fool now hmm

will remember this line for a long time

iam in line for 9800GTX/HD3xxxXTX too for your information
oooh!!! How scary for me. :p Seriously kiddo it wasn't meant as an insult, rather a jest (just as you meant yours). That being said if you feel the shoes fit you wear em...

^^rave sorry forgot to address that. I wanted the GX01 (I think it was this model) and was quoted 4.5K by the very same Abhishek (Arihant I think). The BH (I think the one funky once had cause I remember pics) was 3.5K. The GX looks great but is a little less roomy.

Check zebronics also, they have some good server chassis' too.

OK so they're microns, cool. One thing - the Gskill kit was actually costing more when I ordered around 159 US each (2x1 GB). These were 155 and a 30$ MIR. I haven't claimed that as yet, but will be doing so soon...So I get some 30$ less (they only count 1 MIR for identical items shipped to a single address). So I paid 155 + 125 = 280 = 11.2K.

Ran memtest 86+ for 5 hours yesterday, 2.5 hours per 2GB. 100% stable, no errors - 1066 MHz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1 volts. Only downside is the heatsinks became very hot. But the system didn't have any fans as it wasn't in a case. I am expecting something better with the STACKER.

I wanted the GX01 (I think it was this model) and was quoted 4.5K by the very same Abhishek (Arihant I think). The BH (I think the one funky once had cause I remember pics) was 3.5K. The GX looks great but is a little less roomy.

^^Check the length of the gx01 before you buy...I think it will not fit the 8800gtx

raj_pol said:
I wanted the GX01 (I think it was this model) and was quoted 4.5K by the very same Abhishek (Arihant I think). The BH (I think the one funky once had cause I remember pics) was 3.5K. The GX looks great but is a little less roomy.

^^Check the length of the gx01 before you buy...I think it will not fit the 8800gtx

Arre raj sirjee...I know that now thanks to chaos, udit, and some others. I have bought RiO's S.T.A.C.K.E.R RC 830!!!! Waiting for it to come (rubs hands!!)

^^Udit that's the spirit. Remember to keep your cool through whatever happens...Getting p1ssed only makes things worse. Been there done that, countless times...

(notices sandy calling him vandy, but too excited at the new maal to get angry :p)

Back