Friend lost a phone

djmykey

Skilled
Hello All,

A friend of mine lost his phone, a iPhone (not sure if its a iPhone4 or 4S) and is devastated. He had saved up for a really long time to be able to afford this phone and now its gone. I think he has the IMEI number of the phone and was thinking if anyone has had any success tracking stolen / lost cellphones using the IMEI numbers, please let me know the procedure.

Any pointers would be helpful.

#djmykey ask him to try find my phone app provided he is not one of those who keep their location and edge services off all the time,using find my phone u can pick up the last known location and lets hypothetically say that the robber doesnt know how to turn it off you will hit jackpot.

Cops are of no help .Wife's phone got stolen 2 weeks back and cops asked bribe to register FIR. I have no hope these b@$**ds will ever help common man. Talking about service providers they are even worse they will never track anything apart from how to screw ur happyness by excess billing.

Try speaking to Apple once they can help you by tracking the IMEI code.

Wow this sad eh is the situation. I don't think he has any links anywhere high up (neither do I) for pushing the cops or the Service Providers
<

If he has purchased the phone and has the resipt, he can contact apple and the service provider and they can help you.Police is the last resort.

Very sad to hear and that too the phone prefixes an i". Why dont your friend try as djmykey stated. The possibility of the accused switching of these features is low IMO.

Out of curiosity, where did your friend lose it ?. He ought not to have been this negligent, given that he has invested his hard earned money in buying such an expensive phone.

If he has sold the phone to anyone, especially to a cellphone servicer , then most probably the chances of your friend getting back the phone is a doubt...

its sad , i can understand what he goes through .

But still i would register a complaint , what if someome misuses the phone . The IMEI number would lead back to your friend ! .

Back