Budget 51-70k Friend Wants To Build A Gaming Rig (Budget : 70k)

Hades.

Skilled
  1. Q: What is your budget?
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Animaton
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • He would like to play all the recently released and upcoming games
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - Full HD
    2. Desktop - Full HD
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

My friend wants to build a multi purpose rig for himself... and he wants to build the most powerful rig which can last atleast for four years... tried to convince him that an i5 ivy bridge processor based rig would suffice for his usage but he is adamant that he wants an i7 processor in his rig as he would be doing some kinda animation course in the future... I could have suggested him a config as per his needs but thought that it would be better if i would take advices from you guys....

Thanks in advance guys... keep up the good work :)

@HADES, Hello Sire has been a long time thanks for calling in.

Wish you a Happy, Prosperous and Healthy 2013 (and your family + friend).

This is what I suggest --
Intel Core i5 3470 ~12000/-
GIGABYTE-B75M-D3H ~4500/-
Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 1600MHz ~3200/-
GIGABYTE-GTX660Ti 2GB ~21000/- OR Sapphire HD7950 3GB Vapor-X edition ~23000/- (OR you can wait till the HD8*** series gets revealed and get him a card then)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 OR Western Digital Black Edition 1TB ~4000/- (if the street prices for the Black edition exceed the Seagate drive by a ~1000/- quid skip it and go for the Seagate drive)
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
DeLL Ultrasharp U2312M ~15500/-
APC BR-1100VA-IN ~4500/-
[audio peripherals + keyboard / mouse up-to your choice]

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hades. Nice to see you,^ALPHA17 You have tagged the wrong member.Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X looks solid overall,Also Intel i5 3550-12.5k is another option for OP.For mouse Logitech G400-1.6k and TVS Gold Keyboard-1.7k would be a good addition,Everything else looks good.

[^ALPHA17 You have tagged the wrong member.Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X looks solid overall.

I know for some stupid reason it does not allow me to tag @Hades.

I am leaving miscellaneous details like mouse and all upto the OP. I am sure he and his friend can get whatever is appropriate without us badgering about it. Same with audio peripherals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jakob , ALPHA17 ... Nice to see that you guys are still helping other people to build their rigs... you guys have been doing this work since a long time which is commendable... Sometimes i visit techenclave forum to get some news updates but just as a guest... Techenclave is still one of the best tech forum because of the hardwork you guys put in... Keep up the good work guys :)... and yeah thanks for suggesting the config, would tell my friend to consider this config and build the rig...

Jakob , ALPHA17 ... Nice to see that you guys are still helping other people to build their rigs... you guys have been doing this work since a long time which is commendable... Sometimes i visit techenclave forum to get some news updates but just as a guest... Techenclave is still one of the best tech forum because of the hardwork you guys put in... Keep up the good work guys :)... and yeah thanks for suggesting the config, would tell my friend to consider this config and build the rig...

Nay bother mate, just tell us what you get and prices. =]

Wish you Good times, Health and success in your endeavours this year. Cheers!

1. Q: What is your budget?
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • none
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Animaton
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • He would like to play all the recently released and upcoming games
  11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - Full HD
    2. Desktop - Full HD
  12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit
My friend wants to build a multi purpose rig for himself... and he wants to build the most powerful rig which can last atleast for four years... tried to convince him that an i5 ivy bridge processor based rig would suffice for his usage but he is adamant that he wants an i7 processor in his rig as he would be doing some kinda animation course in the future... I could have suggested him a config as per his needs but thought that it would be better if i would take advices from you guys....

Thanks in advance guys... keep up the good work :)

You can go with this Config:

CPU- Intel Core i5 3570k -14,000

MB- Asrock Z77 Pro 3 -7500

Ram- Corsair Vengeance 4GBx2 1600 MHz -3,200

HDD- WD Black 1TB -5,500

Cabinet- Corsair Carbide 300R -4,300

PSU- Corsair GS600 -4,500

DVD-RW- Asus 24B3ST -1,000

GPU- Sapphire HD 7870 2GB Vapor-X -16,500

Monitor- Dell S2240L 22" LED IPS -8,800

CPU Cooler - Corsair H60 -3,800,

Fans - CM 140mm 4 BLUE LED fans -2,200.

TOTAL -71,300.

This is the best Config suited to you and HD7870 can be overclocked to reach HD7950. Please give me a LIKE if you really like this post mate.

Going for HD7950 is a waste and you can add a SSD in the future na.

If you want AMD Rig then here is the Config:

CPU- AMD FX 8350 -11,400,

MB- Asus M5A97 R2.0 -6,100.

core i5 2500k@3.3 -12k
asus b75 mb- 6.5k
cm 212 plus -2k
corsair 4gb ram-1.5k
dell u2312 monitor-15k
corsair 508 cabinet-6.1k
ati 6950-14 k/ 560 ti -13k
corsair tx 650 -5.2k
1 tb hdd-3.5k
asus dvd writter-1.2k
altec lansing vs 2621 2.1 speaker -1.5k
apc 600 ups -1.8k
keyboard/mouse combo-600

core i5 2500k@3.3 -12k
asus b75 mb- 6.5k
cm 212 plus -2k
corsair 4gb ram-1.5k
dell u2312 monitor-15k
corsair 508 cabinet-6.1k
ati 6950-14 k/ 560 ti -13k
corsair tx 650 -5.2k
1 tb hdd-3.5k
asus dvd writter-1.2k
altec lansing vs 2621 2.1 speaker -1.5k
apc 600 ups -1.8k
keyboard/mouse combo-600
Why are you suggesting such an old config.,Games are going to be more demanding in a few months, after launch of next gen consoles.
Even bioshock infinite is demanding one.
I5 3570 costs the same as i5 2500k,and is much faster.

Back