Storage Solutions From where should I get support for IOMEGA external hard drive?

sudeep_hm

Disciple
:S I am stranded here,please help me. I purchased IOMEGA prestige 1TB on 28/12/2009 (having 3year warranty,made 5 partitions).since 4 days some times most of the times it is not showing some of its partitions and when it shows the partitions and double click on that it is saying "the partitions is not formatted do you want to format?"Is this the case of hard drive corruption?.
worst part is when i decided to check the warranty status i found that it is not in warranty!
(https://iomega-ap-en.custhelp.com/app/warranty_validator/p_icf_6/THBK336344/p_flow/)which also suggested that "if you feel this warranty information is incorrect, you may provide a sales receipt, credit card statement or other proof of purchase that includes a description of the product you purchased and the purchase date. Learn how to submit a proof of purchase. (where as i have already registered the product when i purchased it)
when I click on "Learn how to submit a proof of purchase" link it is leading to "404 Not Found: The URL requested was not found on this server.Server id: 1->16":-[
I came to know that accel is providing the warranty management services and i visited their website
Welcome to the Accel Frontline Services Limited - Warranty Management, Test and repair and technical helpdesk services India and when i selected IOMEGA for online customer support for online warranty management system it is showing
"Sorry, web enabled service is not configured for this vendor. Go back to home page":mad:
further I wish to contact their phone numbers (accel's) on monday.
But some one please suggest me, what is to be done? Is there any contact numbers to directly contact IOMEGA INDIA and enquire regarding the warranty and RMA (if necessary) and mean while good and free hard drive diagnostic tool also.:D

Re: From where should I get the support for IOMEGA external hard drive?

Contact Accel Frontline, They handle RMA of iOmega.

I have contacted them and they said that they stopped the service to IOMEGA 6 months back itself.

This is a mojor problem if you buy hard drives from anyone other than the major 3 (Seagate, WD, Hitachi). I hope you can find someone to sort this out for you.

Apparently EMC own i-Omega, so maybe you can find some leads through them.

Satan said:
This is a mojor problem if you buy hard drives from anyone other than the major 3 (Seagate, WD, Hitachi). I hope you can find someone to sort this out for you.

Apparently EMC own i-Omega, so maybe you can find some leads through them.

Very true...I made that mistake of buying this....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
thank you...I will definitely going to try tomorrow..

Once had talk with Mrityajay Singh of Neotric - 080 - 42434100 / 105 / 104

Very good person. Guided me on iOmega Media player. Try contacting him.

thank you bro....I had contacted them...They have a service center in Nasik, the guy I have contacted there is also help full. he have asked me to send the hard drive hope fully it should be resolved soon.

Back