FS: 1700+ Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi have a 1700+ XP and an Asus A7N 266VM for sale with a Priya PSU think its an imported one. 235Watts (think it has a switch to incease not sure).

One thing about the mobo is the plastic piece where the hs attaches to the mobo broke.

I dont know how much to ask for this but i dont mind around 2k. I have a crappy cabinet as well and a cdwriter that fell down the lens was working fine reading/writing i opened it and checked a small black piece on the rail was broken (i dont think this is of any value). Will give this away for free.

I have a few more things like a Vibra 128 Soundblaster
I may also consider selling the Audigy 2 ZS if i get a right price!

Anybody intrested Pm me please!

If you want to know more info abt the cpu ask deejay he has it with him right now!

Are you willing to split. Im interested in the proccie....Btw can deejay post the stepping on it and if its been oced?

Raghu.

well friedclyde was kind enough to lend me his cpu for 2 days to test the m/b which was given to me by Crazy_Eddy free of cost. many :hap2: to both crazy and clyde for their good gestures. i owe you one.

Crazy_eddy after doing some basic maintenence i am pleased to report that the m/b booted on first powerup and was working properly for an hour. tested only memtest86 program via the CD.
@ raghunandan , i will post the stepping tomorrow morning when i remove the cpu + h/s from the motherboard to return it to friedclyde.

^ It was a Biostar mate ;)

@ Deejay: great to hear that you managed to fix it ! I hope you could tell me some of this "basic maintenance" you do - cause I simply put aside the board in vain and went out and got a new board ! :p

@ Crazy_Eddy,
I did the following before even inserting the cpu.
1) cleaned the m/b thoroughly
2) removed the battery overnight for deep discharging of Cmos.
3) adjusted the m/b jumpers.
4) on careful observation of the m/b i found, with my failing eyesight, that 3 traces were depressed near the cpu. you know just below that plastic notch where the h/s pressure rod / lever is hooked to the plastic socket. it was covered with white plastic tape. This depression apparently occured while forcefully attaching the h/s it seems (a common problem with these socket A and pentium 3 socket m/b's). i just carefully scraped the pcb, exposed the copper traces and applied a fine layer of fresh solder to it and put the white tape back.

when i received the cpu , after cleaning it up, i inserted it in the socket and switched the power on and then the worst thing that can can happen to a enthusiast noob techie like me happened !!!!! ... it freaking booted up nicely to the post screen. i mean i was geared up to do some serious debugging of the components , i had even changed the 9V battery of the DMM:( :ashamed: and then what a anti-climax ....phew

ps: I have not attached a hdd and loaded xp yet so i cannot say what more problems it may have ....lets see one of these days i will attach a donated 4 gb laptop hdd to it with that Rs.125 bucks 2.5" - 3 1/4" adapter that i managed to buy and load the os and see.

ps: Does anybody have a cheap AMD XP socket A cpu to sell ??

Thanks deejay. Its a Thoroughbred A - not such a good overclocker. So im backing out of the dib. Still waiting for the hard disk price/details.

Raghu.

Mods please edit my thread please just keep the mobo for sale for Rs.200 plus shipping everything else im keeping. Sold my new rig :) gonna keep the old one.

@ i dont mind seliing of the HDD for cheap the 40 gb one you pm me your prices and ill tell you

@shahbaaz vision if you want to call it a 7200 you can, i dont think it is. :)

Im Selling only the Mobo. Asus A7N VM 266 @ Rs.200 + Shipping.
And the Priya PSU @ Rs.200 + Shipping

The Audigy i have decided to keep cause its really nice.
The Vibra128 im givng to my friend :)

The 40GB HDD i Do not mind trading with a MoBO that will support my CPU with atleast 1gb ram @ 400 MHz

yes shabaaz it is working perfectly......not a single flaw its got a geforce 2 mx and integrated sound which works well. The only problem is that small piece of plastic that has broken off where the hs attaches 2.

i received your quote for the HDD ill post the exact details here 2morro and you tell me if you want it. so far its reserved for you.

Nobody interested? Ill sell both the hhd's for a combo of 2.2k

Individually 1.6k for the baracudda

n 800k for the puma

also 1700+ n mobo not for sale.............. mods if u could delte the previous message i would be grateful

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back