FS: Transcend DDR 400 2GB (2 x 1GB) Dual-Channel Kit (UCCC Chips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra

Skilled
Model: Transcend DDR 400 2GB (2 x 1GB) Dual-Channel (UCCC Chips & Brainpower B6U808 PCB)

Age: Had got this 2 months ago locallyfrm Bangalore(So 34 months warranty all over India remaining )

Reason for Sale: Jumping to Conroe so need DDR2 RAM

Condition: It is in excellent condition.(see the pics :) )

Expected Price: Rs. 8500 shipped( Current market price is 9.6k..that also for the Jetram chips )

These are highly overclockable.....just abt everybody did 275 Megs (550 eff) on these UCCC chips. I have a P-IV setup .....so couldn't so high as my CPU is limited by the mobo bios.

Finally the pix :)

Edit : Some problem :( with my connection...thread got posted twice...modz plz delete the other othread....thanx in advance :)

Please post screen shots of the rams (memtest , atleast 1 complete round of 8 tests) ) as well as cpu-z.

both at default speeds and at 250MHZ speed.

Age: Had got this 2 months ago locallyfrm Bangalore(So 34 months warranty all over India remaining )

Reason for Sale: Jumping to Conroe so need DDR2 RAM

He has decided not to jump to C2D....so, you prospective buyers, dont get your hopes up :( ..... He may decide not to sell as he has retained his AMD setup...

Actually Nikhil....if i can sell my RAM....I might also jump to C2D.I got my AMD setup only 10 days back :)

Ren how far will this ram go ?? Can u do some screenies at 265 or more ?? And 8M/32M stable at those settings ??? Also give timing details.

Also i want to ask the experts here who have used this RAM.

I think it will need 2.65 or 2.7 to do around 265 ?? Asrock caps out on vdimm kya ??

I am very much interested but need to confirm everthing yaar.

If it is Samsung UCCC on BP(Brain Power) PCB then this is the RAM TO GET (And it looks like it is). Considering peeps are selling thier 1 GB overclockable chips @ approx 8K this price is a steal for the chips as 2 GB has a massive advantage over 1 GB in newer games and not to forget the best of the best memory makers uses this combo of UCCC+BP on thier sticks... Slap on a pair ramsinks on those babies and you have some uber RAM....

^^ thanks switch but can u tell me about the OCing capabality of these ??

I am almost done dealing. But need some kind of screenies at 265 or 275 . Or if gurus can put their word here, that will also do.

I can assure you that the chips will scale to 240 easily... More then that is just plain luck... Also u are using a DFI + Venice... The chips will do justic to the setup as DFI is the mst tweakable mobo with one of the best memeory dividers :d...

The setup currently on which I am running can give only arnd 2.65~2.7V on the DIMM....so the max stable I could go was 249Mhz(3-4-4-8).I did try some relaxed timigs yesterday (4-4-4-10) & it could go up to 260 without any issues.But after that with limited voltage on my Asrock 939 Dual Sata2....its not able to do higher.My point is that with arnd 2.75V(on UCCC more than that might be dangerous) it can do upto 270 Mhz(with relaxed timings of 4-4-4-12).

Try to optimise the speed keeping CAS @ 2.5 (prefered , CAS 3 just about bearable)
anything above CAS 3 is not advisable for daily 24 x7 use.

for e.g. if you run ur system at tighter / low latency of say 2 (2.5)-3-3-7 @ 235 ~240 MHZ then it would give you much better real life expirience in all applications then running ur rams at say 3-4-4-4-8 @ 260MHz.
running DDR @ 4-4-4-8(12) is not good at all. it will be a great bottleneck and infact it will drastically slow down ur system !!!!!

@ josh, dont fall for this false info being spread by other members that running DDR ram on AMD platform at very high latencies at somewhat higher speed is "GOOD". it will / may give you good scores in benchies in which cpu speed counts a lot but tell me are you going to use ur m/c for benching / testing purpose only 24 x 7 ??

@ renegade2,
considering the price of a single 512 MB kingston ram rated @ CAS 3 is Rs.2900/- currently in Mumbai, i.e. Rs. 5800 for 1 GB (2x 512) (as told to me by members recently) ur offer of 2GB at 8.5K is very Good. infact tasty and mouth watering.
I might buy it for my proposed foxconn m/b rig that i am contemplating to build next week. (if it not sold till then i.e. and i doubt it will remain unsold till then)
but please dont give o/c figures of anything above CAS3. intelligent and wise prospective buyers will be put off by it.
UCC chips can handle 2.8V and slightly more Vdimm do not hesitate in using it.

Thanks a lot deejay sir for all the info.

I am a noob in OCing....got my AMD setup only a few days back as u know alreaday(with that Asrock board).Problem with the board is that I can't get above 2.7 VDimm w/o any volt-mod.

Currently running ram at DDR 333 divider, FSB is @ 300 Mhz, so RAM is at arnd 246 Mhz(optmized timing at 3-4-3-7).This is at what I am currently running 24 X7 on my rig.

Anything above this speeds(at the same timings) gives errors in Super Pi/Prime SP 2004.The memory latency is showing 42.6 ns in Everest 2006.

Anyway for info of everybody...I am selling the RAM to jump to C2D only...but till i get hold of some cheap good DDR2 sticks(read Elpida 667 Mhz chips)...I am not selling this.In fact I might be getting those Elpida bsed DDR2 very soon :). And abt pricing I am not going anything below 8.5k(shipped to anywhere in India through DTDC insured)

@ renegade2,
For testing / tweaking the memory try to run ur system at 1:1 (no clock dividers)

increaase the read preamble , Max asyn latency values by 1 step. (what are the current values of it btw) , set ram timings of 3-4-3-8 or 3-4-4-8
initially set the cpu speed @ 250 mhz (and since it is running 1:1 the memory speed will be 250MHz too) , set the VDimm to the max on the m/b
and go about increasing the speed at 5 mhz steps, testing for stabilty after every change.

once you get to know the max speed that the m/c will run stable then try further tweaking the latency timings (lowering it).

once you get the best speed / timings for e.g. say 255 mhz you can always use clock dividers and increase the cpu speed to greater than 300 MHz fsb to compensate the increase in ram speed.
ps: have you volt modded the m/b for Vcore ??

increaase the read preamble , Max asyn latency values by 1 step. (what are the current values of it btw)

I couldn't get what u mean by the above two....something is set to 11T.Elsewhere some beats option sis there...that is set to 4 Beats & MA Command rate is 1T.

Btw I didn't do the Vcore mod,as with the max voltage in bios(1.45V)...i could get the CPU running @ 2700Mhz stable.It seems that the mobo overvolts a bit on the Vcore as it was showing in between 1.47~1.50 in Everest 2006/CPU-Z.

The mem voltage is a severe limitation it seems as with Vdimm set to high & 1:1 settings...even @ 240(3-4-3-8) it was a bit unstable.The same memory when i was using with my Intel 865PE board(with Vdimm set to 2.85V) went to 255(3-4-3-8) or 240 with tighter timings(3-3-3-8) or 221(2.5-3-3-7).

So my conclusion is that the voltage of 2.65~2.7 is quite low for these UCCCs to move past 250 @ 3-4-3-8.

regenade2 said:
Anyway for info of everybody...I am selling the RAM to jump to C2D only...but till i get hold of some cheap good DDR2 sticks(read Elpida 667 Mhz chips)...I am not selling this.In fact I might be getting those Elpida bsed DDR2 very soon :). And abt pricing I am not going anything below 8.5k(shipped to anywhere in India through DTDC insured)

You serious about 8.5K pricing ?? The price we talked on pm holds good ?? Let me know. Or all that we talked was bullcrap ??

Its a proven fact that 2GB DDR (Higher latencies @ faster timings) is slower then a 1GB DDR (lower latencies @ faster timings). But then again a 512 Kit is even faster then that with even lower latencies @ faster timings. That dosent mean one should go ahead a nd buy a 512 Kit. Nops ;)

Newer games makes use of 2 GB DDR. So it is always advisible to go in for a 2 GB Kit with higher latencies and faster timings then a 1 GB Kit with lower latencies and faster timings. Also a 1 GB kit with faster timings and lower latencies will help you mostly in benchmarks other then anything else.

Running your games with 2GB @ 240 MHz with 3-3-3-8 timings will anyday be better then running 1 Gb @ 265 Mhz with 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 7 timings. And we are talking about games like BF2 @ 1280 resolutions ;).

It basically comes down to what one wants to do with his system. If you are just game for bechmarking then one should just buy a BH5 based 512MB kit and run it at 300 @ 2-2-2-5. But if one is into gaming then *as of now* a fast 1Gb kit doesnt make sense .

This is getting way out of topic on ur sale thread ;) ....do you want to proceed further here on the sale thread itself or will you make a seperate thread ?? (since it is ur sale thread you have the option / choice of what OT post can be made in the thread)

Read preamble , max asyn latency values have to be there under advanced memory timings section in the Bios. i dont remember now exactly about it since it is months i have seen / worked on the m/b.
btw the "simple" vcore mod will let you set the vcore upto 1.55V in the bios itself. good if you wa nt to take ur cpu to 310 ~ 320 mhz speeds ..(if it is capable of doing it that is ...)
and ur everest latency score is normal for 245mhz ram speeds at cas 3.

re: Vdimm ...yes that would always be the limiting factor on the m/b.but on m/b's which support higher vdimm these modules will easily do about 250 ~ 260 Mhz or MORE @ Cas 3 (although running CAS 2.5 would be ideal setting albeit at slightly reduced speeds)

MY GEIL ONE TCCD did either 300MHz @ 1:1 (without clock divider) or 270MHZ (with clock divider) @ 2.5-4-3-7, 1T on this m/b. i dont remember which was it now but i had posted about it on one of the threads here on TE.
with age one has difficulty remembering names, phone numbers, useless o/c figures etc ...:D hence pardon my this lapses.....
anyways when i build the new rig soon i will contact you for these. if it is still there and if you have migrated to C2D till then, we will confirm the deal.

Let all the OT continue deejay sir...i dont mind..

As of my C2D plans.....its finalized for sure....so I need to sell off the RAM as early as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back