FS: TVS Gold keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxme

Disciple
Selling my hardly used TVS Gold Key board [white]. Rs. 300 + shipping [non-negotiable]
Reason for selling: going to for a cheap solution [I don't use keyboard much]

I am not gamer, so its basically used for some day to day browsing and some short documents.

No warranty left, but keys feel as they were on day one, great keyboard. can give testing warranty. Body has turned pale after three years, little cleaning and it will shine again.

Product link: TVS Gold

If it doesn't sell, I will keep it.

here are pics taken from my HTC Touch. [ shaky hands :) ]

Frankly, I suggest that you keep it, its worth a lot more than the price you are selling it for. I woundnt sell my 10 Year old TVS Gold Keyboard for anything less than 700 bucks.

Lord Nemesis said:
Frankly, I suggest that you keep it, its worth a lot more than the price you are selling it for. I woundnt sell my 10 Year old TVS Gold Keyboard for anything less than 700 bucks.

I know its the best in the class,but it will be more useful to others :) . Can you tell me latest price of this keyboard, can't seem to get it from anywhere.

Its been selling for the same price tag of 1 to 1.2k for the over the last 10 years. Only the connection interface seems to be changing. Mine has an AT connector and came bundled with a AT to PS2 converter.

Pat said:
^^OT: what is so special about this keyboard ?

It has mechanical tactile keys which make a very positive click sound when pressed. I am using it at the moment, I prefer it over my Logitech or Microsoft keyboards.

The only other keyboard I have owned which I felt was better then this was the Original IBM keyboard, which I used for many years and which died a couple of years back.

Pat said:
^^OT: what is so special about this keyboard ?

1. Its a Mechanical Keyboard and these are hard to come by these days in the world of membrane keyboards.

2. Great Tactile feedback making it one of the best keyboards for gaming and fast touch typing.

3. Very high reliability. It will last for 10~15 years even with a moderate to high level of abuse. Basically the Keys will all work even after the labels have all worn out.:p My 10 year old TVS Gold is still working flawlessly after all the rough use it has gone through at my hands. My sister is using it now at home. Compared to that, A typical membrane keyboard lasts 3 years on average if you take good care of it.

4. You can bang your head on it without damaging the keyboard :p

5. Its so heavy that you can use it as a weapon. :p or Maybe its a negative for this keyboard.

^ ot : but aint the keyboard noisy ? i mean if i was to game on the kbb at night while others are sleeping , the next day i would find the kbb missing :lol:

maxme said:
shipping would be 50 to 100, i guess. but still i will need to confirm.

@maxme, this thing is heavy, so the shipping is gonna cost 100/- at least or even more. Its still a great deal for anyone as the price will be still less than 500/-

hanzy said:
^ ot : but aint the keyboard noisy ? i mean if i was to game on the kbb at night while others are sleeping , the next day i would find the kbb missing :lol:

No, the click is not that audible. Its just that you will feel the click when you press a key. That is called Tactile feedback or sense of touch.

hanzy said:

YES it is noisy and it does disturb wifey at night !! :eek:hyeah:

@Lord Nemesis - my TVS Gold is quite NOISY :) ..... but not as noisy as my IBM was.

Now I am seriously considering keeping this one, after comments of Easy and Lord Nemesis I feel like I am doing a sin selling this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back