FTP client with queuing ability & show thumbnails

Can you suggest me the best ftp client which should have a queuing ability.

What I have to do is that i have to download selected images from our office which needs that i select the data in 1 folder >queu it

& go to another folder

select data queu it

then go to 3 rd folder & so on.

While doing so if it can display the image thumbnails quite fast that would be god, I dont need all the data to be downloaded but as of now i have to do it.

Guys i tried Filezila it does let you add files to queue but I need a bit more functionality for remote functioning between my office & home.

Filezila can queue the files but I loose the entire directory structure for eg:

folder 1 has 7 files I need the folder to be downloaded with selected 3 files only

folder 2 has 17 files I need the folder to be downloaded with selected 13 files only

Filezila does not show thumbnails at all, I need to see thumbnails & that should be fast.

I also need that when the files are being uploaded from office 1by1, I should get to know if the folder content or the file content uploading is completed, sometimes i download a file only to know that its corrupt bcoz I started downloading half uploaded file.

Is there any such thing which is specifically meant for remote location working?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

ranjan2001 said:
Guys i tried Filezila it does let you add files to queue but I need a bit more functionality for remote functioning between my office & home.

Filezila can queue the files but I loose the entire directory structure for eg:

folder 1 has 7 files I need the folder to be downloaded with selected 3 files only

folder 2 has 17 files I need the folder to be downloaded with selected 13 files only

Filezila does not show thumbnails at all, I need to see thumbnails & that should be fast.

I also need that when the files are being uploaded from office 1by1, I should get to know if the folder content or the file content uploading is completed, sometimes i download a file only to know that its corrupt bcoz I started downloading half uploaded file.

Is there any such thing which is specifically meant for remote location working?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

One word:

TeamViewer: TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet

Thanks Gaurish,

looks like what I needed but need to try that out.

Does it work between Mac & PC, most solution don't work when I have share with mac.

ranjan2001 said:
Thanks Gaurish,

looks like what I needed but need to try that out.

Does it work between Mac & PC, most solution don't work when I have share with mac.

Yes, Works with Mac,PC,Linux,iPhone etc. pretty much everything:D

Teamviewer looks good except that now i need anther person also using the same,, will try it doing so later but as of now I have settled for ws_ftp professinal v12.2, the trial looks very promising & it offers all the features which i was looking for & has some additional features which are quite useful such as email notification of failed/successful uploads to the other user.

Filezila does not have thumbnails to show but does the queue job.

cuteftp has thumbnails & queue but didn't like the user interface, price is almost same as ws_ftp so I finally would settle with ws_ftp as of now & side by side try integrating teamviewer in my work flow.

Thank you all for your suggestions, anymore suggestion are welcome which help in remote working.

While transferring file from 1 user to the ftp server the other user starts seeing the incomplete file but have no clue that the uploading is still in progress & if the file is downloaded it shows as damaged & wont unzip, this is bcoz only 50% was completed by then.

Is there a way in FTP that other user only see the file when its fully uploaded on the server?

The issue seems you want fast thumbs, now depending on how large those images are, they need to be downloaded to generate those thumbs in the first place. So that's a waste. Instead is it possible for you to create a subfolder called thumbs on the server itself and just pull that one. You could write scripts to generate thumbs whenever new images are dropped on the server. so that bit can be automated.

I'd suggest RDP itself if the server is pro or better, there is a M$ RDP client for mac so you should be able to use it. Don't bother with other solutions they are not as optimised as RDP.

Tutorial ?

It's very easy, you need to enable the 'Terminal services' service on the server.

Then enter in the ip & login into the RDP client on your end when you launch it.

Back