Laptops Fujitsu LH531 battery suddenly degraded!

hello all,

bought a Fujitsu Lifebook LH531 in June 2012. This is my first laptop so very excited with it.
It has Intel Pentium B960, 2GB Samsung Ram and 320GB WD hard Disk.

It was working great and used to give ~ 5 hours of battery for the first 5-8 charge cycles.
But then it suddenly dropped to around ~ 3 hours. I thought maybe it was some mistake, but it really depletes after 3 hours.
I searched a bit and downloaded HWMonitor and to my horror it showed battery wear of 28% a few days ago. Now it shows battery wear at 31%. Design capacity = 4400mah, charge capacity = 2950 mah!

I have had about 15-20 charge cycles till now. I charge when battery is around 15% charge till around 95% then disconnect charger. only first 2-3 charges i used to charge 100% drop to 5% as i read its good for battery in first few cycles. It was working fine for 5-6 charge cycles after that.
I havent abused the battery at all, never left it at charging more than 1 and half hours.

Searching i found some thing called battery reset by @sunny27 :
http://www.techenclave.com/laptops/my-review-lenovo-thinkpad-x120e-129087/#post1607581

But i dont know how to do it. please help me. what is happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lithium Ion batteries degrade with time. So, if your laptop battery was manufactured 1-2 years ago, it'll show reduced performance even though you've barely used it.
Your laptops under warranty, so contact Fujitsu for support.

Lithium Ion batteries degrade with time. So, if your laptop battery was manufactured 1-2 years ago, it'll show reduced performance even though you've barely used it.
Your laptops under warranty, so contact Fujitsu for support.

Thanks ch@ts,

can this still explain that ive been getting ~5 hours of battery for the first few charge cycles and then its suddenly deteriorated?

Hi guptavis, Did your issue get solved ? Did you try contacting Fujitsu Tech Support.. how's your expereince with their after sales support ?

I would recommend one thing: Let the battery discharge and charge 100 percent for 2 cycles completely and then compare the charged battery with Design capacity.

This happened to a few other Fujitsu users as well .... get back to Fujitsu they should be able to provide you a new battery within a day or two at the max.

Back