CPU/Mobo Full atx motherboard suggestion for ryzen 5700x

My current motherboard scrapped out on me I had a ryzen 1700x with an msi x370 gaming plus motherboard.. I was thinking of upgrading my total budget for cpu and motherboard is around 30k I finalised the 5700x as my processor but I'm really confused on which motherboard to get for it..i want a good full atx motherboard with decent audio and 6 sata ports bonus would be 2 m. 2 slots.. My main usage will be lightroom photoshop sometimes premier and of cource a lot of gaming I'll be pairing it up with my current GPU tuf 3070oc and skill flarex 32gb kit..
A few noob questions I had
1) if you can recommend another processor in this budget I'm OK
2) does the 5700x come with a cooler or will I need to buy one if so please recommend one
3) I have a corsair rm 750 watts psu will this be enough
4) I might also want a new m. 2 ssd of 1 tb which would be a budget friendly one if u can
All your help is really appreciated as I need to do this asap with wedding season in full swing
Thank you recommend

Last edited:
MSI B450M Mortar (or Mortar MAX), despite being an mATX board, meets all your requirements except for SATA ports - it has 4 instead of 6. However, this has one of the best VRMs for an AM4 budget motherboard and should hence last longer and run cooler. Look around for a good used one and it should be well within your budget even after the 5700X.
The PSU should be enough as long as your GPU isn't a 4080/4090/3080/3090 or a 6900XT/7900XT/7900XTX. Do mention what GPU you have, will be helpful in recommendation.

If you have the flexibility, try getting a 5800X3D instead of 5700X - will last you much longer as a processor compared to the 5700X.

The 5700X and 5800X3D don't come with coolers but something like the Deepcool AK400 should be more than enough. Any decent air cooler around 2.5k should be more than okay.

Last edited:
MSI B450M Mortar (or Mortar MAX), despite being an mATX board, meets all your requirements except for SATA ports - it has 4 instead of 6. However, this has one of the best VRMs for an AM4 budget motherboard and should hence last longer and run cooler. Look around for a good used one and it should be well within your budget even after the 5700X.
The PSU should be enough as long as your GPU isn't a 4080/4090/3080/3090 or a 6900XT/7900XT/7900XTX. Do mention what GPU you have, will be helpful in recommendation.

If you have the flexibility, try getting a 5800X3D instead of 5700X - will last you much longer as a processor compared to the 5700X.

The 5700X and 5800X3D don't come with coolers but something like the Deepcool AK400 should be more than enough. Any decent air cooler around 2.5k should be more than okay.
I have an asus tuff 3070 oc graphics card.. The 5800x3d is not in stock I found it on elite hubs website only.. How is this ASRock B550 Pro4 Motherboard

I have an asus tuff 3070 oc graphics card.. The 5800x3d is not in stock I found it on elite hubs website only.. How is this ASRock B550 Pro4 Motherboard
Would highly recommend trying to get the CPU used if possible as it will save you quite a bit of money, and a CPU is usually one of the most reliable compinents of a build, likely to outlast the motherboard and GPU (although maybe not the RAM).

I haven't seen a used 5800X3D on here or on any of the fb groups. Even a used 5700X at a good price is hard to come by in my experience. Although I haven't been looking for very long, so I guess they could be out there.

OP, if it is possible to significantly increase your budget, I strongly suggest getting a 7600 instead. With a compatible AM5/B650 motherboard and DDR5 ram. You'll get higher or equivalent performance to the 5800X3D in gaming as well as in productivity like PS/Premiere etc. At the same time, your AM5 motherboard + DDR5 ram gives you a strong upgrade path for the future -- allowing you to swap out just the 7600 for a potentially much faster 9800X3D, for example. Meanwhile AM4 is EOL and any upgrade from a 5800X3D requires a new motherboard and new ram.

I just ordered these parts yesterday.

1704080832384.png

As for your other questions. No X series processor comes with a cooler. But even if you did get a stock cooler, you're much better off upgrading to a better air cooler or an AIO especially if you're spending a lot of time rendering. Corsair RM 750 will be more than enough. Another benefit of the B650 motherboard I mentioned is 2 x PCIE 4.0 M.2 slots and 4 x SATA.

Last edited:
Would highly recommend trying to get the CPU used if possible as it will save you quite a bit of money, and a CPU is usually one of the most reliable compinents of a build, likely to outlast the motherboard and GPU (although maybe not the RAM).
Thank you what u said made sense I've decided to go for a processor which will last me longer finalising the ryzen 7 7800x3d I feel it will be sufficient for all my needs just thinking of a motherboard and ram kit to go with it under a budget any suggestions

Thank you what u said made sense I've decided to go for a processor which will last me longer finalising the ryzen 7 7800x3d I feel it will be sufficient for all my needs just thinking of a motherboard and ram kit to go with it under a budget any suggestions
7800x3d? That will be massive jump from your 1700X.

For motherboards, any B650 mobo will work just fine with your cpu. It depends on what features, I/O ports etc you need.

As for ram, your X3D cpu is not as sensitive to ram timings as other Ryzen 7000 chips. So... get the cheapest 2x16 gb 6000mhz kit you can find and you should be good. Or get 6000 mhz CL30 for that extra 3-5% perf.

Back