PC Peripherals Full Tower ATX decision

Hi
I finally received the cash to burn on a full tower sexy ATX cabinet. Existing one is only fine for mATX and the cable management is hell.
Now I'm looking for one that scares the shit outta people with the size & looks and provides excellent air cooling as I don't see myself going water cooling anytime soon.
My place tends to be quite dusty(hostelwalla for now) and the cabinet interiors transform into crap within a week of cleaning(which takes about 2 hours).
Therefore I really would love dust filters on the next one.
Should be able to accommodate a Thermalright Silver Arrow/Noctua D-14 air cooler.
Then I'm kind of attracted to LED lighting.

Cases of interest - Coolermaster HAF-X
Coolermaster Storm Stryker

These 2 really spiked my interest. Any comments on the selection?
Do these 2 have a significant height difference?

Dumb question - Which gets dusty faster- White or Black?

@jeffrain123, look up these cabinets as well --
  • Corsair Graphite 600T
  • Cooler Master STORM Sniper
  • NZXT Phantom
Answer to dumb question --> both are equally dirt-friendly and will look ugly once the dust has settled (pun intended).

Last edited by a moderator:
If OP can afford it CM HAF-X is the best option for him,Also Xigmatech Elisium is another option within the budget which is better than Corsair 600T.So check those out.
jeffrain123, look up these cabinets as well --
  • Corsair Graphite 600T
  • Cooler Master STORM Sniper
  • NZXT Phantom
Answer to dumb question --> both are equally dirt-friendly and will look ugly once the dust has settled (pun intended).

HAF X has the problem shared with many of today's new fangled cabinets - the rotated hard drive cage nullifying the front fan and front mesh vent. The fan directly blows to a wall, which is the side of the HDD cage. Wasting electricity if you run the fan, losing frontal airflow if you don't run the front fan. For an advantage in installation ease for HDDs, this is a rather large sacrifice in airflow.

Storm stryker is much better as it allows removal of unnecessary HDD cages, and rotating them according to one's preference.

The Stryker lacks a fan directed at the GPU area, doesn't it?

I need plenty of air cooling, considering it's damn hot where I live.

It has bottom fan mounting space to throw cool-air directly onto the graphics card's shroud and fan(s). Cheerio!

The CM Storm Sniper and 600T are mid tower chassis not full towers. Just to be clear.

Plus they're really not that appealing to me.

The problem is, I like the Stryker but the I get the feeling that the HAF-X may be more macho & humongous. Which one is more intimidating?

The CM Storm Trooper is a good choice if you're not for HAF-X,If you're not going to go for Water Cooling setup then grap CM Storm Trooper,Also here is a very good case overall in terms of cooling and desging-Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Unbeatable Gaming Case.Hope this helps:)

The problem is, I like the Stryker but the I get the feeling that the HAF-X may be more macho & humongous. Which one is more intimidating?

I hate all of these cases TBH. Bulky and heavy, they don't quite appeal to me. I like something sleek and light-weight in the lines of the Lian Li. Well that's more expensive though.

You can check if Bi-Fenix has anything that fits your requirements. They have full-towers AFAIK.

If Mid Tower is the settlement then why not just stick with Corsair 400R OR Antec P280,Nzxt Temptest EVO,Personally the Cooling of 400R is much better than else.

Spacing, the NZXT Tempest EVO support E-ATX boards, so does the Corsair Graphite series tower and the STORM Sniper. So with the weight and dimensions of a mid-tower you get certain features of full-towers.

Now rest is upto OP and his macho image.

You like storm stryker, its airflow is good considering bottom fan with reasonable clearance. Since you like LEDs, I'm guessing you might like the large transparent side panel of storm stryker, good to show off the damn LEDs. Filters are easy to remove and clean. So there should be no issue.

Other recommended cabinets here might also be good.

sexy cabinet will be very relative to all, love the silverstone's clean looks, and for Air cooling their full towers are awesome. plus all aluminum, all black find them the best.

Im looking into picking up the Stryker as well, theres something really appealing about it IMO. Also looking at the NZXT Switch 410. Love cases with a window to check out the goodness.

Back