Graphic Cards Funny Display problem..

saROMan

Disciple
My comp config is PIII-533Mhz,256MB Ram,SiS 630 Onboard Chipset .....From long time i have been using XP as my OS ..Currently i am using XP-SP2 Integrated...Though my Chipset Does not Support 1024*786@32Bits@75Hrz but i am Using my Display at 1024*786@16Bits@60Hrz with out Problem....but now the Problem is When Ever i use the Above Config my Icons Turn to 16 Color :huh: ..insted of 16Bit..where as when i use my Display as 800*600@32Bit ...i get the Useual XP icons with Alpha Blending etc...

I have Done every possible tweak to ge rid of this problem but no use......I have tryed to Repair icons using TweakUI....tryed to change the Default Color profile , Uninstall/Reinstall Display Drivers..even replace shell32.dll etc etc..but no use...now i am Stuck to Buggy 800*600 resolution......I am Giving a Screenshot of how my Icons look in the 2 Diff Resolutions...Plz help ..coz I know the last option is to reinstall XP..which i dont want to do again..coz i format my PC a Few days back only..
1024*786

bad6xx.jpg

800*600

good2qb.jpg

Try the following,donno if its womehtingto do with ur hardware or software though :
1.Go into display properties and click advanced, now click on Direct 3d and then compatibility. Enable Alternate pixel center .

2.Your autoexec may be corrupt /damaged/removed.Copying autoexec.nt from windows\repair to windows\system32 should resolve this issue. have u tried using another windows cd to reinstall ,it might work .

3.cud be some gfx card compatability problem,not sure bout how it works.

edit:
4. just tried something...go to display->settings->advanced-> then check the screenie and see what value ur check box is given. it says it automatically changes display back ,if its not compatible tothe hardware .so then try unchecking it . it sounds like the logical reason for ur funny display.

Back