Furl - your personal web

Context : For those who have loads of bookmarks and need to access them from anywhere,i mean anywhere,and maximize the use of bookmarks .

Furl - your personal web
About :
Furl saves a personal copy of any page on the Web and lets you to find it again instantly, from any computer.Furl lets you save anything you see in your browser. The easiest way to do that is to add the "Furl It" button right on the toolbar of your browser. When you find something you want to save, you click the "Furl It" button.That opens up a new window with the title and URL of the page you are looking at already filled in. You then have the option of adding comments to, rating, and categorizing the page. When you're done, click "Save."

Pro's in my view
1.Carry your bookmarks /favourites anywhere
This is one software that gives me the impression that im carrying a laptop,rather that im 'mobile' .Most of the time when im not at home,i cant access the pages i freuent or the ones i like in particular since i dont have the bookmarks.But 'Furl' offers a way to choose any page and immediately add it as a bookmark and it stays in one place whether i am at home or away .isnt that amazing (i know,bookmark managers have been around...but i cant get enuff of this thing )infact right now,im furl'ing all the pages i like so that it stays in some place i can access anywhere.

2.share furls with/from other users
another amazing feature is that you can check out which pages have been furled the maximum from other users like you and see related furls,etc So in a way you dont have to waste time searching on the net ,but from just this one site.

3. variations of Furl toolbar
as for the software,its just a small toolbar that you add to ur browser ad they have comaptability for most browsers.u cn also search for furls directly in firefox .the three variations are ideal for differnet internet speeds but even the heaviest one is vvvery fast on dialup .they have options for popo up,non pop up ,etc
4.move over bookmarks,get furls
im making furls for alll my bookmarks so that i dont have to make make links twice when i change comps ,etc

5.categorize and easily search your furls
whats more,all these bookmark pages(furls) that u like can be categorized into your own topics .very impressive !

furl19sk.jpg
furl19sk.jpg

6.make your curls either private or public
this way i can make all the furls for say "email"that contain all my mail login pages to be private,while i can have "contests" to be public .
toolbarOptionsMoz.jpg
7.make furl feeds
so now u think it cudnt get any better...well it just did ....just like any rss feed ,ucan display your furls in a blog or website that allows javascript .

8.many browsers supported
Internet Explorer, Firefox,Mozilla/Netscape,Opera,Safari,NetCaptor,MyIE2,Avant,AOL.

Cons in my view

ofcourse the amount of ppl who furl is still quite less ,which means that finding furls on detailed and specific topics will still take some time,when i first saw it. But now u can find loads of categories,and lots of people to share it with.Other than that i seriously cant find any downside .this is one amazing tool,an i just hope all of u atleast try it out.

Back