Furniture advice

I have just got a new home and need to have some furniture made.
What do you people think will be the best route, whether to give complete order to a furniture guy or to buy the material separately and give it on making charges.

Depends bro...the cost of getting it done is nowadays almost the same as buying from the shop. The only advantage is you will be sure of the quality whereas if you buy it from the shop more often than not it doesn't last...

A

what kind of furniture , what is your budget ? , what is your tastes ?.. what is your patience level ? , how much time can you spend on this? where are you located?
i can help you with furniture related queries , do answer the above questions though

try ebay.
I had ordered a 4 seater dining table from ebay after searching locally in all furniture shops.
It was much cheaper (complete wooden for 12500+1500 = 14000) and believe me, its the best table that mucg money can buy. :p
well, its tough to buy a furniture seeing just a picture. I went ahead with the risk and now I am considering getting some other stuffs too from the seller. (kraftndecor)

what kind of furniture , what is your budget ? , what is your tastes ?.. what is your patience level ? , how much time can you spend on this? where are you located?
i can help you with furniture related queries , do answer the above questions though

I m basically buying a wardrobe, dressing table and a computer table. Pepper Fry has some good computer table collection but it seems overpriced.

pepperfry is seesham wood based and not particle board , so it will be more expensive than the lifestyles and homestores but it will be more durable . You can also try urbanladder for similar stuff

Visit a few shops and gather the prices, then ask for a guy who makes it, compare both and decide.

If you buy readymade you get
-Warranty (1-5 years, varies) but you have no choices for customization (there are some shops that offer but depends again)

If you make it
-You choose how you want it to be but miss out on warranty + it may cost more

If you can find a good carpenter, it is always advicable to get the furniture done according to your requirements. Remember, Plywood is always better than the particle/powder board that the ready made manufacturers use.

If you use decent quality plywood, your items will stay intact at least for 10 yrs. You need to get these things done during the woodwork for the house as you get all the furniture with same color and quality.

Back