fuss about demonoid

piyush_888

Disciple
I have a demonoid account but I never got what the fuss is all about. I still search for torrents on torrentz.com and download the file off any torrent website. why is demonoid so popular??

It uses a public tracker. You can see a lot of torrents on sites like btjunkie, btmon etc., that use demonoid tracker. No ratio limitations and its accessibility as a public tracker has resulted in a lot of leechers due to which the speed is not as good as it used to be.

Demonoid initially when I had joined had good presentation for every video files in the form of screencaps which allowed you to judge the video quality before downloading it. The comments for application and installation info were also useful. Demonoid was shutdown for a long time about a year or 2 back and when it came back it lost most of this charm.

It still has a really good collection of stuff, even though its public. I'd say next to tpb its the best tracker around.

For us Indians with our barely 1Mbit connections, all private trackers and their pursuit is an exercise in futility.
Except for HD rips and FLACs, nearly everything can be found on public trackers and maxes out our faltu connections.

For Hd rips and Flacs... purchse a rapidshare premium accnt from ebay ( 150-200rs. after Rs.100 coupon) and download with full speeds...

Demonoid was really cool back in the day. Thanks to the forced ratio maintainence you could always find seeds for your torrents. Demonoid also had more obscure stuff, next to no fakes and lot of info like screencaps, installation instructions, samples etc. Of course this was all before it went down.

The present demonoid though is meh! It's hardly better that piratebay.

There is one thing amazing about Demonoid. I've been able to find loads and loads of older torrents on Demonoid which were not available anywhere else. The private trackers like Torrentleech only have the recent torrents. Older torrents get discarded. I think the older members of Demonoid are still pretty faithful and seed the older torrents even today. :))

I agree with sei, but another thing is that demoniod has WAY TOO MANY audio books, which is awesome :D

for rest i chooose IPTorrents, it is amazing.

Back