Fuzed !

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Loved my Clip+ but couldn't keep it as my full time PMP due to poor battery life and a few other reasons . Got to a try a Sansa Fuze few days back and fell in love with it , that's when I decided to sell the Clip+ and get this beauty :D

Compared to the clip+ ,build quality is bit more sturdier,size is bigger but overall the Fuze is lot more slim and sleek. The front is glossy and a fingerprint/ dust magnet. The back is rubber which looks slightly cheap but has good grip.It has a big wheel in the middle like the older gen. Clip.The screen is beautiful , UI is clean and easy to use but not as good as an iPod.

Sound signature is almost similar to Clip+ but I feel the Fuze has slightly better quality.Will confirm after a full side by side comparison.Maybe if time permits , will do a review as well ;).

Only drawback I found till now is lack of dedicated volume +/- buttons :(.

congrats bro nice purchase

and damages ?? wats the screensize ????

and u copied iGo's white background ? :p

did u sell ur clip+ - i might buy that

I already sold my Clip+ , sorry .

White background ,I usually use it for all my reviews. My bed sheet was so dirty today , had to remove that white drawing sheet :rofl:.

Damages ,errr it was for ~5.9k shipped on Ebay.I used the 20% off coupon to get a discount of 1000 bucks and got a little extra discount as well from seller as he is a friend. ;)

FaH33m said:
I already sold my Clip+ , sorry .
White background ,I usually use it for all my reviews. My bed sheet was so dirty today , had to remove that white drawing sheet :rofl:.

Damages ,errr it was for ~5.9k shipped on Ebay.I used the 20% off coupon to get a discount of 1000 bucks and got a little extra discount as well from seller as he is a friend. ;)

hmm and what about the screensize ???

and which types of videos are supported ?

waiting for your review :)

swastikrj said:
hmm and what about the screensize ???

and which types of videos are supported ?

waiting for your review :)

Screen size is ~1.9". Not the best for watching movies etc but maybe catch up on a TV show or music video .My main usage is anyways going to be music listening.Video codec is I think mpeg4 , videos need to be converted using the given software. more info.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27460

Congratulatins mate, this is a nice buy indeed. the icing on the cake was the icici discount :)

may I ask if that discount applies to all old accounts or just the first time accounts ? Thank you.

vercetti said:
Congrats dude... That was quick

Would be interested to know what earphones you would be using with this beauty

Hmmm depends. HiFiMan RE-252 on the movie cause that's the best portable setup I have right now. For critical listening I sometimes end up using RE-0 with the Cmoy amp. For running/gym etc, end up using the PL-50 since I cant risk damaging the other two :p

Tech_enthu said:
Congratulatins mate, this is a nice buy indeed. the icing on the cake was the icici discount

may I ask if that discount applies to all old accounts or just the first time accounts ? Thank you.

The ICICI coupon is only valid for new customers, so you will have to create a new account ;).

This player is amazing in terms of SQ and VFM .Can easily give the nano's a run for their money. I wonder why Sandisk doesn't market or sell their players in India .:(

^ Mine is V1. :D but I won't actually be installing rockbox anytime soon.

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Congratulations Faheem

what battery life does it have?

Official specs say 25 hrs. Most users have reported back 20-21 hrs :)

Congrats,Just Ordered it .Damn i just broke my resolution :(

Btw tell me who many hours does this thing last.I some how love the sound of clip+ compared to D2+.

Edit: What is V2 Fuze??

Metalspree said:
What is V2 Fuze??

Firmware version starting with 2.X. Since there's no visual difference between a v1 and v2, one can only find out after getting the player and checking the System Information.

AFAIK , They both have the same chips, hardware etc with some minor circuitry changes. They both sound exactly the same as well. Infact V1 is more preferred by most guys on head-fi as it can be Rockboxed.

My brother has got the same player. The player is very good for Audio. The quality is very good. I don't have much info on the battery life.
For the video the player is not good at all. The screen size is too small. Plus the video needs to be converted with the given software. I tried a couple of times converting with other softwares with the player's resolution but it didn't work.

The player as I said is very good for Audio.

excellent purchase faheem......congrats!!!

is this the best portable flac player out there or is there anything better than this?

thinking of getting one too

your opinion would be appreciated :D

Back