CPU/Mobo FX 6300 vs i5 4460 ?

soumyajit92

Disciple
guys i'm in a great dilemma. should i go with (FX 6300 + GA78LMT USB3) or (i5 4460 + B85M D3H). i mean i know it's a silly comparison to compare i5 with 6300 bt is it 5000rs worth of performance difference between the i5 4460 and fx 6300(in terms of overall performance, like rar/unrar , ph0to and video editing, multi tab video streaming, heavy multitasking)? i'm trying to minimize the cost as much as possible without compromising much on performance. will be using it for 2 years.

finally, sorry for hijacking this thread, just didn't want to create a separate thread to ask a question?

The i5 is worth the extra money if your going to be gaming a lot. otherwise the fx provides better value.
p.s. the price difference might be different if you consider the cost of mobos, so take that into account.

i'll be gaming, just 'not a lot'. i'm not that big a gaming fan. but overall performance is of paramount importance to me (without a big hole in my dads pocket, and dent in my monthly allowance as a result :p)

how about if i go with these

fx 6300
gigabyte ga78lmt usb3
2x4gb corsair vengeance 1600
gtx 750 ti
crosair cx500
cooler master n200
tx3 evo cpu cooler

If you want the machine to last a while, buy the haswell. The amd is already on its deathbed and the architecture is due to be phased out next year.

okay i5 4460+b85m d3h+gtx 750 ti then. so that's gonna add 6k more to my initial budget.

If you want the machine to last a while, buy the haswell. The amd is already on its deathbed and the architecture is due to be phased out next year.
well my goal is to keep this machine for next 2+ years and should serve me well as a very fast and responsive multitasking machine. gaming is not my primary aim but secondary.

one more question, what kind of gaming performance can i expect from 750 ti? worth spending 11k on this or should i look for anything else( 270x). i need something that can handle the upcoming games(2015-2016) in full hd, mid-high settings without aa 35+ fps. (i've never had any experience with gfx card other than those that came with my laptops)
There are a few benchmarks where the i5 is literally twice as fast, i.e. depending on which benchmarks you find useful, you might find that premium well justified :-
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8427/amd-fx-8370e-cpu-review-vishera-95w/2

Of course there is the power/temperature advantage too.
i knw, i've come across them too but the thing is i just have arnd 42-43k to spend right now. so can't really shoot for the stars even if i wan to.

Back