Graphic Cards FX5200 dying?

the screen is all red, sometimes yellow and all...

started happening from yest.

removed and replaced the card several times.

Dont think its a problem with the monitor as the onscreen monitor menu seems proper (colour-wise).

The screen starts flickering after i open a browser or explorer (something due to the background being full white?)

seems a prob with my card.... or is with my mobo?

PS: not a driver issue, as from the moment i turn my PC on, the display is all like that before even booting into windows.

Ratna333 said:
If you have onboard graphics, you can test your monitor with it to make sure its a card problem.

no onboard graphics. :(

Rahul said:
change ur VGA cable .....

err.. how much does a new one cost..and are you sure that its a problem with the cable? :huh:

EDIT: oh...boy, i think ur spot on with the cable... just touching it causes the screen to flicker between green and yellow..

PS: not a driver issue, as from the moment i turn my PC on, the display is all like that before even booting into windows.

if the issue is before booting up pc, the problem is definately with monitors VGA cord. make sure the cord is tightly plugged in with ur card video output. also you have to jerk the cable little to see if there are any color changes. happens with me same whenever the DVI dongle loosly attached to DVI port :p

^^ yeah, just jerking the cable causes the color to change...

btw no DVI connector in my case...

getting a new cable today.

EDIT : how do i change the cable? the problem lies with the cable whose end is fixed to the monitor and the other end goes into the graphics card????

then u have to take it to the service center ...... or keep it moving umtill siplay is right and after then never touch it lol ....

your cable looks broken i guess.. if you jerk cable, you are getting color change.. hmm so you need to contact technician on following number.
Mr.Rangnathan

explain him the problem and then he will come at ur place to fix the monitor.
hope that helps :)

Rahul said:
keep it moving umtill siplay is right and after then never touch it lol ....

have been trying that...but to no avail..

wtf, i was just gonna get a better gfx card today m then this comes up

nVidiaBeast said:
your cable looks broken i guess.. if you jerk cable, you are getting color change.. hmm so you need to contact technician on following number.

Mr.Rangnathan

explain him the problem and then he will come at ur place to fix the monitor.

hope that helps :)

who's this guy? which area of mumbai?

how much does he charge?

this guys lives near daisar or so. he will come at ur home. he repairs monitors in my company (external guy) whenever we call, he arrives. he once repaired my 17" monitor which refused to start. charged 450bux (replacement of soem IC's and power supply parts and with cleaning)
you can trust this guy blindly from my experience

Edit:- why go to service centre if the person comes home and repairs in front fo ur eyes :p

my FX5200 died two days later, after the warranty date and the dealer never repaced it he instead repaired it and it again died wtf

dont argue man.. convince him. tell him that you will give him chai paani ka kharcha :bleh: it doesnt matter man. just buy a new card. costs as less as 1.5k

Back