G2

hbksabhi

Adept
Using it For Almost a Week now !
Love it to its core :) !

Mini Review

28h1rp0.jpg

Build Quality :- This is a very subjective topic and everybody's opinion may vary , though it is made of plastic and some reviewers online said it to be just just S4 are rest people just follow the reviewers .
My Sister owns S4 and Brother in law has iPhone 5.
I didn't expected this but build on this phone is super solid for me . Despite its Plastic construction the phone rather feels like glass more to me . Front is just awesome , Huge display on tiny bezels and Contrast of Black and White is Awesome . Build is Much better than S4 to me and Feel in the hand is awesome unlike iPhone 5's beautiful but uncomfortable to hold Chamfered Edges . Some people may trouble using it long time in hands as phone get slippery and grip is not great for people with sweaty hands , can be solved with a good case though .
Another Positive of Plastic construction is Longevity , recently i saw my friend's black HTC one and it was 5 months old and already it felt like a old device , similarly with iPhones they tend to wear more easily than plastic .

Call quality :- Call quality is awesome on this, crispy crisp sound and people on the other end say the same.

Display :- This is the Thing you will Love the most about this device . Its as good as it gets , you have see to Believe it , whatever i say won't do justice at all . Every Ordinary Thing looks Amazing cause of the display
I came from a Amoled Screen of Note 1 and before owning G2 i owned a Nexus 4 sometime 4 months ago and however good the performance of the phone was the display was awful and washed out , then i thought maybe i m so much into cartoony over saturated samsung colors that i can't own a IPS ever . But Simultaneously Sunlight Visibility troubled me a lot with the Amoled's display .
After Getting G2 i was blown , Amazing Colors , super deep blacks and brightness was much better but less than iPhone 5's . This Display is amazing . Period

jtphyb.jpg

Performance :- Snapdragon 800 coupled with Adreno 330 gives Android Sheer power and speed that makes everything ultra snappy and awesome . Not Going into benchmarks as they are just numbers but anything you do with this phone flies .

Camera :- OMG ! Pure Awesomeness !! I never Thought Lg could ever make a Smartphone this good and put a camera it has this awesome . Low Light Photography is Phenomenal , Focus is Quick . Best Camera beats iPhone 5 and S4 camera in every single shot i compared . Camera on this thing is Bausss !!

Back Buttons :- For me they are the great as the Quick Camera and Shutter key is so useful i can't describe . Earlier i would think of passing up a great shot because of my laziness oofunlocking the phone and getting to camera app to take photo . G2 Rear Key + Awesome Camera = Tons and Tons of Pictures !!
I got used to back button within like 5 minutes maybe its because i saw so many reviews and was wanting to get it so much .

Speaker Phone :- The speaker phone is average to above average. Does a decent job.

LG Stock UI :- I never thought i would love a skin of android made by LG . I was a Fan of Stock Android and boy after i used this for like 2 days , i would say this phone does much much more than anything else . Lets me list the my Favourite Features here :-

> Knock on Feature :- Makes it the easiest to access smartphone and it works 10/10 time for me . Once you get used to it you won't like using other smartphone
> Call Notification Popup :- Ever got annoyed while looking for something on the web or taking a quick note or watching a movie and suddenly a call comes and interrupts you and u feel like killing the person who called you , well no more , now there is a small notification popup with 3 quick option to accept and reject and reject with message .
>Message pop up : - the best thing about these pop ups is that these pop up on top left hand side rather than the middle dead center . so easy when you receive one time passwords on payments site etc .
>Multi photo Wallaper :- I love this a a lot , a different wallpaper for every screen , i have three screens and use a plain professional wallpaper on Productivity page , then different one on music and entertainment page . very cool
> Quick Remote :- It is awesome , i can control my AC , TV , Set top Box with one app , best thing some times i don't even have to open the app as its their in Notification Panel and interface is so easy and great . I went to TV showroom and Turned all the TV of the showroom off and Salesman was nuts :p

Battery Life :- I left this topic for last as its the most important one , What is the point of paying 40k+ on a smartphone when you have use it conservatively so that you don't run out of battery by 5 in the evening . You get 6 hours of screen on time on this device easily with wifi all day . Battery charging is super quick thank to Quickcharge 2.0 . The device charges within 2 hours .

This Phone has got it All Magnificent Display , Blazing Fast Performance , Best in Class optics and Stellar Battery Life with solid build quality .

Attachments

• IMG_9579.jpg
    IMG_9579.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_9575.jpg
    IMG_9575.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_9571.jpg
    IMG_9571.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Very very nice review mate. I'm very much tempted to buy this phone, it is superb but holding mah money for Nexus 5 just because of OTA updates which i don't think so G2 will get soon. It is still on 4.2 right ? :(

Camera :- OMG ! Pure Awesomeness !! I never Thought Lg could ever make a Smartphone this good and put a camera it has this awesome . Low Light Photography is Phenomenal , Focus is Quick . Best Camera beats iPhone 5 and S4 camera in every single shot i compared . Camera on this thing is Bausss !!
By camera i take you are referring to still shots, so can you post some low light photos taken with this phone.

Tell us how video performs in low light as well.

Back Buttons :- For me they are the great as the Quick Camera and Shutter key is so useful i can't describe . Earlier i would think of passing up a great shot because of my laziness oofunlocking the phone and getting to camera app to take photo . G2 Rear Key + Awesome Camera = Tons and Tons of Pictures !!
Very useful as a camera launcher, but in portrait. Not much use in landscape. Its awkward there, so have to use on screen shutter.

Still, in a quick draw i think this will get you the shot quickly. The burst mode is fun, took over 100 photos of the sales guys and watched them spend the next 10 mins deleting them whilst i played with other phones and took another 100 photos of them doing that :D

Last edited:
one button can be configured as a camera launcher or both vol keys can be used for zoom.

In default, long press after launch does burst shots.

By camera i take you are referring to still shots, so can you post some low light photos taken with this phone.

Tell us how video performs in low light as well.

Very useful as a camera launcher, but in portrait. Not much use in landscape. Its awkward there, so have to use on screen shutter.

Still, in a quick draw i think this will get you the shot quickly. The burst mode is fun, took over 100 photos of the sales guys and watched them spend the next 10 mins deleting them whilst i played with other phones and took another 100 photos of them doing that :D

VIDEO quality in daylight to medium indoor light is flat out awesome , but in low light it is terrible and very very low frame rate . Pictures on the other hand awesome .
I would never use rear key for landscape . The Shutter Button on screen is so well placed .

Yep, this is what i've been reading, is there any chance LG will address the low light video problem. Or do we forget about it. I've seen mods that force higher frame rates for video, but how well they work is uncertain. Not seen any proof that these mods actually work.

Post low light stills, and link to the sources :)

From what i've seen with the current crop of phone cameras you either have very good performance in bright to medium light but less in low or

little less than good performance in bright to medium and better performance in low light.

Tricky decision.

Yep, this is what i've been reading, is there any chance LG will address the low light video problem. Or do we forget about it. I've seen mods that force higher frame rates for video, but how well they work is uncertain. Not seen any proof that these mods actually work.

Post low light stills, and link to the sources :)

From what i've seen with the current crop of phone cameras you either have very good performance in bright to medium light but less in low or

little less than good performance in bright to medium and better performance in low light.

Tricky decision.
the camera will wow you in all condition unless ur shooting moving objects without burst mode !

Very very nice review mate. I'm very much tempted to buy this phone, it is superb but holding mah money for Nexus 5 just because of OTA updates which i don't think so G2 will get soon. It is still on 4.2 right ? :(

With CM out for G2 I wouldn't worry too much unless you need to stock LG ROM features like quickmemo and others.

With CM out for G2 I wouldn't worry too much unless you need to stock LG ROM features like quickmemo and others.
i used cm all the time with my note , but i am in so much love with lg stock ui , i would never ever move unless android 5.0 brings a revolution ! which it wont .
i will only upgrade my phone when screen on time on android bumps from this 6 hr mark to closer to 10 hr mark , otherwise this is the perfect thing for me

Congrats, this is probably the best phone available in india right now.
Knock on and fast charge are some of those features which requires kernel level optimization and is not just a gimmick like air gestures on other skins.

Also add your views on sound quality please.

Last edited:
Damn I should have got this when it was for 32k on indiatimes, will wait for some new deal and buy this if the nexus 5 doesn't release soon enough. Camera doesn't matter much to me..

Back