PC Peripherals G5 vs G7 vs G9 vs SideWinder

simplest question for all u guyz. which mouse is best amongst these for all round work (gaming/office/graphics). i intend to buy G7 but sidewinder is also looks promising. moreover G7 comes with rechargeable batteries. dont know about others. if u have any of these mouse, share ur experiences :eek:hyeah:

G5 and G9 are wired mice...G7 is the only wireless one...

sidewinder is wayyyyy too bulky...and personally...its looks dont appeal to me either..

G9 has great features but check if it fits your hand fine before buying...

well....ive had a rechargable battery mouse before...and i can tell u it was a pain changing the batteries every coupla days when i was usin 800mah ones
then i switched to 2500mah...an they lasted abt a week...it was still a pain..

i think the g7 comes with a desk charger..so thats much better...u dont have to remove the batteries out...
but then again, if your mouse goes into a drawer...the mouse-on-charging-stand may not fit into it...

and wireless are generally not recommended for gaming...
go for wireless only if u wanna use it for media centre type purposes...

i have searched all over the net and found two groups of ppl. 1) one that have g7 as their gaming device and experience no lag at all. 2) two that have g7 as their gaming device and curse it for its lagness.

@stellarhopper : g7 comes with two batteries. so, u can charge one while u r using other:) plus bluetooth receiver and battery charger are both clubed into one...thats a big relief.

Strike out G5 because it's getting aged, although still performing above par. Strike wireless G7, I switched from wireless 800DPI microsoft to razer wired, and the satisfaction about not replacing cells/batteries in mid of task is a relief. Sometime it is embarrassing for self.

G9 is I would say a great choice!! If I could get G9 at a good price I would have bought it, however I found a good deal for Razer Lachesis and went ahead, it's a flawless bug :D But razer ones are not customizable, just dpi changer and lots of buttons, thats it. G9 is.

Moreover, G9 will match the G15 look and feel too, if you are planning to grab it, especially with V2/orange lights.

Gurpartap Singh said:
the satisfaction about not replacing cells/batteries in mid of task is a relief. Sometime it is embarrassing for self.

exactly my point...
even i had 2 sets of batteries...but it would annoy u imho...

do consider the desk problem too...
you should be able to keep the mouse on the charger stand when not using it...and you may not wanna keep it out in the open...

razer lachesis or logitech g9 for high sensitivity gaming

razer deathadder for low/medium sensitivity gaming

:D

And the winners are: MS 1.1, MX310 and MX518. At least you know they'll work throughout your temporary gaming phase.

Back