Gadgetsguru - No.1 frauds

DarkAngel

Skilled
My sister's friend ordered couple of items from "gadgetsguru" on Feb 7 and paid for it via IOB NEFT. After a long delay the site cancelled the order saying the product was OOS on Feb 20.

Then started the game of sending an email every couple of days stating that the refund is being processed. After a couple of inquiries about the refund time frame the CC started hanging up the phone without a proper answer.

My sister asked me to help out and I sent them a stern mail on March 11 asking them to refund the money ASAP. But alas even the mails stating that we are processing your refund have stopped since then.

Posting it here so that fellow TE members don't lose their money on this pathetic fraudulent site. Does anyone know how to get the money back from them? (Order No: CD281132922)

Sent a mail to them stating I will register a complaint in consumer court if they don't refund the money within next week. Will also call and threaten them tomorrow. By the way register a complaint seems to be pretty cheap @ Rs.100 (minimum) Its also present in our district court. Hope this will get the money refunded.

Send a legal notice (you can send on your own, no need for approaching a lawyer).
Draft the notice in a way that you claim interest, compensation for mental agony etc. Mention that you will be taking criminal action too (in case if the do not refund the amount within a time frame, like 48 hours from the receipt of the notice).
Make the payment gateway second party in the notice and send a copy to them too.
Send the notice through registered post with acknowledgement due. Address it to the Managing Director of the company.

Thats the last resort. Anyone else faced similar issues with this no good website in the past and got their money back?
Maybe a Sticky / Section should be started with accurate and firm advice on how to deal with problems similar to this or RMA or any other problems which come up. Sort of detailed FAQ.

I suppose you can also file an FIR against an entity for cheating and fraud (in addition to the points mentioned about legal recourse). If you get the FIR done against them (specify the entity and their address) you can then take a copy of the FIR and approach their registered office to get them to act on the matter.

No response from them. The buyer is a 21 yr old college gal. I don't think she will go and file a FIR for this. May be might file a consumer court complaint since it costs Rs.100 only. But don't know what hassles are there in the process.

The sad thing is many people might fall for their 20% off and buy stuff from them. Their website is the worst designed among the indian online retailers i have seen.

Back