Budget 20-25K Galaxy Note 1 ... still worth buying?

anuragingle

Disciple
Hi All,

Is it still worth buying the Galaxy Note 1?

My usage will be mainly

1. Watching 720p/1080p mkv movies abt 1-2hrs daily
2. Reading ebooks probably 30min-1hr daily
3. Light gaming like angry birds, temple run, dead trigger

also a good camera for those casual on the fly pics.

My query is how much of a better phone is the s3 or note 2 over the note 1 with regards to value for money and my usage above.
Should i go for the note 1 or the s3 or note 2?

Thanks

As a previous user of the Note, I'd say it is fantastic for the uses you have mentioned. The S3 may have more power under the hood but for the uses specified, the Note will more than cut it. Get a good used Note and that would make it an ever better bargain :p

I bought Note 2 today from snapdeal for 29.2k. I think it's better to pay 7k more then to go with last generation phone. For ebooks Note2 has better screen then Note 1. Better battery, better speaker etc. I don't see any reason why you will go with Note 1 if you are already spending 22k.

I bought Note 2 today from snapdeal for 29.2k. I think it's better to pay 7k more then to go with last generation phone. For ebooks Note2 has better screen then Note 1. Better battery, better speaker etc. I don't see any reason why you will go with Note 1 if you are already spending 22k.

reason for going with Note 1 was that i need to purchase a cowon z2 also to replace my ageing j3, getting both Note 2 and Z2 is frankly out of my budget :(

You could go for the Nexus 4 aswell- fastest android update, pure google experience etc, but if bigger screen size is what you're looking for, then definitely go for the Note 1

note 1 is still one of the best entertainment device out there ..... totally worth getting but if u had a budget of 25k you might as well get a note 2 as some people suggested...

Maybe you already know this, but Note I has Yamaha DAC, compared to Note IIs Wolfson. So Audio would be much better in Note II. For FLACs, Yamaha DAC is a letdown IMHO..

So are all Wolfson DACs better than corresponding Yamaha ones; irrespective of the specific model number?
For example, my Atrix has a Wolfson DAC so would it be comparable to the Galaxy series phones from Samsung with that DAC?

Anurag 'bhau' I have a Note 1 /S3 and Galaxy Grand Duos as well as a Galaxy y . S3 is obviously sleeker but the screen of the note 1 I find much much better than s3 although they have the same resolution . For movies and reading go for note 1 . For everyday use and ease of handling use s3.Grand duos just does not compare . Awful screen compared to the other two . But great price . Keep in mind s3 will get key lime pie . so future proof . Note will stop at 4.2 I think .

Back