Galaxy Note 2 - Announcement & Discussion Thread

swordfish123

Adept
Aug 23, 2007
Bangalore/Korea
Not sure how much the street price is for the Note 2. I can get it for Rs. 36,500 as i get discount on Samsung Products. Just got the price list from the dealer. With bill and warranty. If interested PM me. But only Bangalore buyers who can collect it from me.

ganpatshinde

Disciple
Aug 6, 2012

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009
The Note 2 is blazing fast and insanely fluid.
Got mine today for 38k from Samsung Smartcafe. Local shops were promising stock in 2 days and lowest price being offered was 36900.

tommy_vercetti

Skilled
Apr 20, 2006
Mumbai/Bangalore
www.boricha.org
The Note 2 is blazing fast and insanely fluid.
Got mine today for 38k from Samsung Smartcafe. Local shops were promising stock in 2 days and lowest price being offered was 36900.

Where are you'll getting it for this price, I checked the Samsung Cafe at Sion and that guy told me 41K and was ready to pay 18K for my almost mint Note 1, I left the shop after that!

rajshah

Skilled
Jun 15, 2006
Mumbai
Where are you'll getting it for this price, I checked the Samsung Cafe at Sion and that guy told me 41K and was ready to pay 18K for my almost mint Note 1, I left the shop after that!

The Sion Samsung cafe people are a bunch of greedy idiots !
He asked me to pay 41.5K for the S3 on launch day, when he had promised a pre-book price of 39K a day before !

rdst_1

Skilled
May 10, 2009

Delhi. The guy was refusing to go down from 39990 at first because there were many people asking for the phones.
However his adjoining shops were promising a price of 37k if we agreed to wait for 2 more days.
We told the Cafe guy this. He waited for showed me the price of 38k on his calculator and told me to wait for other onlookers to leave.
He was getting calls from other shopkeepers as well and he was quoting the same price to them, not a dime less.
I didnt check the market after that but the other guys were pretty confident they could get me one for 36900 by Sunday, which was yesterday.
However the Cafe guy told us that only the Smartphone Cafe people will be the ones receiving stock for the first week.

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009
The specifications are great but what's with the build quality? It is still all plastic, cheap and flimsy as ever. Is Samsung ever going to listen?

mitraark

Adept
Jul 3, 2011
The plastic feels filmsy but i have heard all reviewers say that it holds good and does not really break down to damage, the plastic is mainly used to lower the weight of the phone , using any other heavy material would have significantly increased the weight given the phone is so large.

pranut

Adept
Aug 13, 2008
New Delhi
The plastic feels filmsy but i have heard all reviewers say that it holds good and does not really break down to damage, the plastic is mainly used to lower the weight of the phone , using any other heavy material would have significantly increased the weight given the phone is so large.

And this phone deserves to be spared for the all-plastic body.

rohan_mhtr

Adept
May 9, 2009
Got my note 2 few days back ! http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/samsung-galaxy-note-2-a-139720/ Some reviews coming soon . Many people speaking about the build quality , first use the phone dudes ! My Grey phone has acceptable build quality and also if metal was used the weight might have gone sky high ! I have compared the plastic quality with S3 and it is a lot better in durability and looks especially the Grey one .

My few questions to fellow Note 2 users .
Does Gorilla glass require a screen scratch gaurd , i didt use it with my previous phone Lg optimus Black and it was fine for over a year .
What is it about the new multitasking feature ? I have updated my phone over wifi but cant see any multitasking features seen in various youtube videos .
Battery life is good but can you discuss what times you all are getting . I watched 3 full movies yesterday in my car with audio being streamed via bluetooth on my car speakers and yet 10% was remaining !

ganeshganesh1

Disciple
Oct 7, 2012
please let me know wat is the best buy price and suggest me any reliable online retaliers...

i enquired in chennai and bangalore.. everyone is saying the same price at 37k...