Galaxy Note 2 - Memory Card Issue

I am using a Galaxy Note 2 on stock ROM, unrooted. I have got a bunch of songs on my SD card inside the Music folder. This Music folder has two sub-folders to separate the FLAC and MP3 songs. The problem is I can browse to the folders and listen to songs one by one. The Music Player does not recognize the Music folder on the SD Card but if I copy the same Music folder on to the built-in memory of the phone, the Music player recognizes the folders perfectly and plays all the songs. The same SD card is recognized across two other phones and my Tab2 without any issues, so I am not sure what is wrong. I want to play the songs of the SD card as I need the internal memory to install games. Please advise and thanks in advance. :)

Ok...no replies... Guys, can someone at least tell me if they are able to default their music player to pick up songs from a music folder on the external memory card on a Note 2? That way I can at least know if there is a problem with my phone.:confused:

I am using a Galaxy Note 2 on stock ROM, unrooted. I have got a bunch of songs on my SD card inside the Music folder. This Music folder has two sub-folders to separate the FLAC and MP3 songs. The problem is I can browse to the folders and listen to songs one by one. The Music Player does not recognize the Music folder on the SD Card but if I copy the same Music folder on to the built-in memory of the phone, the Music player recognizes the folders perfectly and plays all the songs. The same SD card is recognized across two other phones and my Tab2 without any issues, so I am not sure what is wrong. I want to play the songs of the SD card as I need the internal memory to install games. Please advise and thanks in advance. :)

I face no such issue, Music player detects songs on SD card normally, sometimes though my playlists are cleared for no reason.

Factory reset ur phone and format the sd card via phone and try.

I face no such issue, Music player detects songs on SD card normally, sometimes though my playlists are cleared for no reason.

Factory reset ur phone and format the sd card via phone and try.

Thanks...formatting the memory card fixed the issue. Now my Note 2 can pick up the music folders from the SD card. :thumbup:

Back