Galaxy S2 Data Usage Issue

skaush1

Disciple
I purchased a Galaxy SII a few days back. I have exhausted 1 GB of my data usage within 2 days!!!! don't know how!! using Vodafone 3G.
PhoneUsage shows the following:

[attachment=10212:17058.attach]

WTH is wrong? A minute of browsing consumes 2-3MB and while I am asleep it consumes around 300MB in a night!!! What to do??

Any help will be really appreciated...otherwise I will end up broke pretty soon!! :mad:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 116
Step 1: in settings > accounts and sync > turn off the auto-sync

Step 2: download dazzle widget from the market... install the widget with 'mobile data' switch... turn off/on when required.

Thanks but Auto Sync is off. :huh: I can turn data off without a widget. But I don't want to turn off my data..the question is what is consuming this much data??

s_anuj said:
Step 1: in settings > accounts and sync > turn off the auto-sync

Step 2: download dazzle widget from the market... install the widget with 'mobile data' switch... turn off/on when required.

I use the following app, which gives you a graphical representation of which app is consuming exactly how much of your data usage limit.

Its quite good and free. Phone Usage

EDIT: there is also this other app, which I use, is quite good, but doesnt have graphs in the free version.

3G Watchdog

I am using Phone Usage..and have also attached a screenshot of the pie chart..it shows huge consumption by internet..but most of data was consumed while I was sleeping..:mad:

debabratad said:
I use the following app, which gives you a graphical representation of which app is consuming exactly how much of your data usage limit.

Its quite good and free. Phone Usage

OP dont use phone usage, try 3g watchdog from the market. Also to get better battery life & less data usage, turn off background data by going into settings->accounts & sync. Do this before going to sleep or during the day when u dont want your widgets to auto-update. Disabling background data wont disable data per se so you can continue using the internet for browsing & downloading.

had already installed 3g watchdog...and background data was turned off...still such enormous usage!! and even if those were on, is it possible to get such huge data consumption??

devvfata1ity said:
OP dont use phone usage, try 3g watchdog from the market. Also to get better battery life & less data usage, turn off background data by going into settings->accounts & sync. Do this before going to sleep or during the day when u dont want your widgets to auto-update. Disabling background data wont disable data per se so you can continue using the internet for browsing & downloading.

^ in a word NO. with background data & auto sync off its not possible, unless you had some which was downloading data in the background. Do one thing, use the task manager to kill all opened apps & then check by disabling background data

Back