Android Galaxy S5 priced at Rs.45,999 - Saholic

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has reached India and in anticipation of that the price of its predecessor dropped sharply. The Galaxy S5 was shortly available for sale on Saholic but has since been removed. Anyway, the important thing – the price – is known. Samsung's new flagship will set users back INR 45,500 ($745 / €540), which is a little more than what the Galaxy S4 cost when it launched (INR 41,500).

Link

Another news is price of Galaxy S4 is slashed to Rs.30,000 around now (Link).

45K would be a good price.

Really?
I wish the phone prices had never become that high. 35k for S5-esque flagships and 40k for Note 4 and other phablets is what I consider appropriate pricing. The last most expensive phone I bought was the Note 2 for 38.5k on launch day. Since then I haven't bought a flagship phone from India because of this inflated pricing.

Really?
I wish the phone prices had never become that high. 35k for S5-esque flagships and 40k for Note 4 and other phablets is what I consider appropriate pricing. The last most expensive phone I bought was the Note 2 for 38.5k on launch day. Since then I haven't bought a flagship phone from India because of this inflated pricing.

With the prices around the world that are going 45K would be a good price in India.

Do I think these phones deserve to be 45K is a totally different story altogether.

Wow. Now it is confirmed that Samsung is the new Apple. Not that Apple is going anywhere, but with Apple you are at least safe against price drop.

Octa core for india. Meh.
During the launch event in india, Shamesung Director, Manu Sharma openly lies when an attendee asks " 3.5mm jack doesn't have any cover to stop water from going inside?"
"He replies will you go to swimming with this phone? No, nothing will happen and it will be still water resistant as it is IP67 certified ":

I am sure if you drop this phone in to water and take it out after 2 mins, Your phone will not work.
I am sure Snapdragon version is a decent 40-42k phone. Octa core deserves 35k

"Just like the earlier versions of the top Galaxy phones, Samsung is selling the Galaxy 5 with an 8-core Exynos processor in India whereas the international version is powered by a 4-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. In terms of theoretical processing power, both processors are quite close and hence users are not likely to notice any difference in performance."

Bullshit. Exynos is a piece of turd now. The Snapdragon variants are far superior. Have an Exynos Note 3 in the office now and it lags horribly while simply navigating through Touchwiz homescreens and app drawer. The Qualcomm based devices handle it just fine, unaffected by the skin's bloat.

Tired of Samsung giving India the shaft. Yet they see no problems in INCREASING prices even further. Why are people buying this crap again? Oh yeah, "OMG EIGHT COREZ!!!111"

Last edited:
plus one on that really samsung is treating india as third world country i really wanted to buy s5 still no use of metals , no radio and same plastic shit i might go gor new htc one i guess lets see how htc will price its phone

"Just like the earlier versions of the top Galaxy phones, Samsung is selling the Galaxy 5 with an 8-core Exynos processor in India whereas the international version is powered by a 4-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. In terms of theoretical processing power, both processors are quite close and hence users are not likely to notice any difference in performance."

Bullshit. Exynos is a piece of turd now. The Snapdragon variants are far superior. Have an Exynos Note 3 in the office now and it lags horribly while simply navigating through Touchwiz homescreens and app drawer. The Qualcomm based devices handle it just fine, unaffected by the skin's bloat.

Tired of Samsung giving India the shaft. Yet they see no problems in INCREASING prices even further. Why are people buying this crap again? Oh yeah, "OMG EIGHT COREZ!!!111"

Part of the reasons might be Indians are obsessed with Android specs. For a layman, octa core would be better than quad core.

Back