Bluffmaster

Skilled
Game of Thrones

Published by: Atlus

Developed by: Cyanide

Genre: RPG

Release Date: US: March 6, 2012

Available On: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC

Trailer Impressions : The graphics look average, character models look horrible, the trailer is well made but it just looks like mediocre stuff.

I so wish, a well known studio like Bioware would have been behind this. Game of Thrones has the potential to become an explosive new IP. Plus the timing couldn't be better given the success of the TV series. But I just have a feeling that they are gonna completely screw this up like they did the already released RTS version. :(

season 1 was so good, anxiously waiting for season 2 - do i want to play a silly games in the middle ? no. :no:

^Have you read the books? If not, wait till you see seasons 3 and 4 (i.e. ASoS). That is where the real shit happens. ;)

But, yea the games would've been awesome if done properly. The world is unbelievably huge. So much so that even GRRM is struggling to keep everything together. A proper RPG/MMORPG where you can be a Dothraki rider or a Brother of the Night's Watch or a Red priest or a Faceless One etc would be so damn cool. But, I dont think any company can pull this off. There are just too many factions, too many houses. The scope is just immense.

^If they can pull off Star Wars than why not Game of Thrones? Elder Scrolls is massive too. It doesn't even need to be massive, I would be more than happy if they just give us a focused RPG like Mass Effect.

^Yea, a focused Mass Effect style RPG can be fun if made properly. But, I'm not sure how they will be able to keep it consistent with the lore. I mean, in the books several events are going at the same time in several different places.

I think the way the story and the world is built, an open world type of RPG will suit it more. Something along the lines of Fallout 3 or maybe Skyrim (havent played that yet). But, in Fallout 3 and Skyrim, you are the hero. There are no major events happening without you in it. This is where it will have to be different, I guess. The closest thing I can think of is the way the world progresses in LOTRO.

Or something like the MMO guild wars is promising to be. Even if you are not there the worl around you changes. Villages can get destroyed by raids. Some MMO has something called server progression, where after the people in a server does things and the server reaches certain level the whole world changes. I think it can be done as an mmo. But maybe not as a single player game.

Back