game package1 for all BSNL broadband guys

shirish

Skilled
Hi all,
Log into broadband portal something like http://10.240.144.195/nonie_webLogin.jsp & dig down
on the left-hand side dig down & there is something
called gamepackage1 . I have seen it's good only for
downloads not for gaming or p2p at the present or atleast
at my end. Guys, test & share what u find.

It's supposed to be similar like the Airtel Rs. 200/- gaming thing.
Of course this last part is built up on conjecture & hearsay
but for sure BSNL would like to exploit as much as they can
the bandwidth thing.

i have clicked on activate and it said activation successful.

i have no idea what it does actually..

more details will be appreciated.

hi QuickFire,

See if there are any differences downloading a file without activating the game package1 service or not. I did find boosts to 64 KBps from 20 KBps.

yes it does..

my normal speed is arnd 30kBps and

with game package its 60kBps :p

realised it only now and deactivated gamepackage1

i hope they don charge extra for this. :eek:hyeah:

Hey ppls,PLEASE PLEASE DO UPDATE .........u getting 60KBps on a 256 kbps line that normally offers 32 kbps........OMG tell me more abt it!

MORE IMPORTANT- R they(BSNL) going 2 charge me extra for it????

Please HELP me yaar ......i also got 2 activate my 256kbps Data1 900+ plan 2 game mode then!!!

Reply any1 ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

this is a freaking reality...yipee mayb a festival bonus frm BSNL!!!

k..did a bit of web research...just beware! none of the info posted below are confirmed or official.

1. This is yet to be announced Game Package from BSNL. This is what you call a "Value Added Service" for existing dataone customers. Most probably, BSNL will announce it on 1st September 2006.

2. Under this scheme (to be activated on demand vis BSNL portal), you get a download speed of 512kbps. You can download upto 3GB per day under this service.

3. BSNL will charge Rs. 25/- per day additional for this service. That means you can demand the service on morning and download 3GB @ 512kbps till clock strikes 12 at night and pay Rs. 25/- only.

4. Whenever you disconnect or reboot your PC, Game Package service will be automatically deactivated. You'll need to activate it again from the BSNL portal.

Disclaimer: No confirmation is available at this point of time. Even BSNL Customer Service is unable to tell anything regarding this scheme. So, use or activate it at your own risk. Myself or TechEnclave.com won't be responsible for what you do. :p

Personally, knowing BSNL, i wont take any risk until all details regarding the plan are disclosed. :eek:hyeah:

QuickFire said:
Personally, knowing BSNL, i wont take any risk until all details regarding the plan are disclosed. :eek:hyeah:

Came to the same conclusion. Also I've not come across any speed ups while doing p2p . Perhaps some people can do some tests either now or after Sept. 1st & come to conclusion one way or the other.

you don't need to open that page...

thats for non-ie browsers.

just login to BSNL portal (the way u usually do to check usage)

and check out the list of services in the bottom left table.

u'll find something called "game package1". thats what we're discussing abt. ;)

now tell me.. anyone using it .... 60 kbps dl for 25 bucks is awesome.. now i have home 500 connection.. so if i start to night at 2 to 8 i am going to be charged rs.25 extra .....am i correct ???

for time being.. not taking any risk :S

ok..

if anyone have checked the service order records for game package1 in the portal .........

QuickFire said:
you don't need to open that page...
thats for non-ie browsers.

Hi all,
Quickie is true on most of the points except one. I'm logging through the Non-IE link & each time it asks me if I want to activate it. It's also gets logged in as gamepackage1 with some amt. u have downloaded. I was logged 3 MB for my foray :)

I've used the service for 30 mins. dloaded 100MB

but the records show only 2MB dloaded using gamepackage1

testing phase :p

yeah man, too scared 2 activate the service......NEVER trsust 100 % the BSNL guys!

they r absolutely freaking in their tech & service knowledge

Now giving 512 kbps for 25 bucks daily (in game mode)

& u know,i paid Only Rs. 500 for 900+ service for the month of JUNE & still they r quite fine with that payment even after i paid the JULY payment for DATA1! :lol :p

MAY GOD GRANT THEM WITH ALL SUCH GOOD LATEST UPDATES/INFO & KNOWLEDGE FOREVER!

QuickFire said:
I've used the service for 30 mins. dloaded 100MB
but the records show only 2MB dloaded using gamepackage1
testing phase :p
same here, Used it twice but the portal shows only 6+2=8 MB overall which is good for me hehe :)

Back