Game recording question

psybronik

Adept
Hi

this might be a dumb question but if i have an elagato HD60 X which has a 4K30 HDR10 or 1080p60 HDR10 quality, 4K60 HDR10, 1440p120, 1080p120, VRR passthrough and i connected it to my ps5 and then to my pc and i record using OBS, will it record my ps5 games in 1440p 120 if my obs recording settings are at 2k ?

i hope my question was clear , my requirement is to play my ps5 at 2k 120 fps (sometimes 4k 60fps) and record at the same settings. and i dont want to spend big on capture card if there is no need.

any help is appreciated. i will be recording through OBS

i record using OBS, will it record my ps5 games in 1440p 120 if my obs recording settings are at 2k ?
That's right. Under Settings-->Video, set the base resolution and output resolution to whatever resolution you want your recordings to be in (2K or 4K). Then change 'Common FPS values' to 'Integer FPS value' and enter 120 in the input field. With this, you're all set to record your PS5 gameplay @2K 120fps or 4K 60fps.

That's right. Under Settings-->Video, set the base resolution and output resolution to whatever resolution you want your recordings to be in (2K or 4K). Then change 'Common FPS values' to 'Integer FPS value' and enter 120 in the input field. With this, you're all set to record your PS5 gameplay @2K 120fps or 4K 60fps.
Soo whatever my capture card passthrough is, i can record at that resolution and hz ?!

That's correct. So long as Elgato's 4K utility is configured properly and your OBS's source settings for Elgato (resolution and refresh rate) match the OBS's output resolution settings, it should work. There's more tweaking to be done if you want to record HDR content though.

Last edited:
That's correct. So long as Elgato's 4K utility is configured properly and your OBS's source settings for Elgato (resolution and refresh rate) match the OBS's output resolution settings, it should work. There's more tweaking to be done if you want to record HDR content though.
i wont be recording in HDR. so , if i want to record my ps5 gameplay in 4k , will the elgato hd60x be enough?

Elgato hd60x is capable of recording 4k@30 fps natively. If recording is all you'll be doing, then, yes, it can easily handle that - given, the recording system is beefy enough. What's your recording setup's hardware configuration?

Elgato hd60x is capable of recording 4k@30 fps natively. If recording is all you'll be doing, then, yes, it can easily handle that - given, the recording system is beefy enough. What's your recording setup's hardware configuration?
Mostly ill be recording at 2k .....and playing at 4k on ps5 whenever it is supported.

My system is 3080fe + 5900x + 32gigs of ram and 1tb of nvme.

Back