Games for cafes

Crysis wars is a standalone multiplayer but i think it comes only with Crysis warhead. As in dont think its available as a separate buy. Correct me if im wrong.

Naga said:
I'm at my wit's end though on how to run a cafe what with almost no support from game publishers for the market.
This is really odd given its actually very good publicty for these companies.

How the heck do they expect to sell anything signficant here otherwise.

Who is gonna sue Naga for running a cafe without manufacturer's permission? Its wrong i know but i don't think the companies would give much attention to such an issue in India. :p

Instead of pushing for such high end hardware, get a bit lower end configuration, and more PCs. Like 16 as gaming will be much better at that scale.

And Valve source games are best enjoyed at 24PCs and work on IGP too..

I also suggest going for Sandy Bridge Quads(but the cheapest one u can get). And yes, go for 4GB Corsair XMS series, as the PCs will be running near 24x7 and these ram chips have about 10 years warranty.

About GPU, well you can relax there as buying cheaper mid range GPUs make sense, so you can keep upgrading them every 2 years or so-so.

Chill on the headphones, a bit lower priced ones can save a lot of bucks and give near same gaming experience. And please please get gaming mouse pads, Rantopad(Razer OEM) is very cheap and superb(mine huge mat costs rs650 amazing piece)

Oh yeah on the GPU, HD6870. Look no further. And in a week or two, the new price should become effective(256$ to 219$ price cut)

More PCs is definitely not a good option unless popularity demand justifies. First we need to see how the cats jump. And as for the hardware, durable hardwares are preferred i think. I can't suggest any since i'm no hardware expert, take comp@addict's advice on this one, he is more pro than i can ever hope to be. :p

jojothedragon said:
Who is gonna sue Naga for running a cafe without manufacturer's permission? Its wrong i know but i don't think the companies would give much attention to such an issue in India. :p

All it takes is one disgruntled customer with half a brain.

Is the risk worth it ?

blr_p said:
This is really odd given its actually very good publicty for these companies.

How the heck do they expect to sell anything signficant here otherwise.

I'd love a meeting with their marketing guys to get their views on that, too.
comp@ddict said:
Instead of pushing for such high end hardware, get a bit lower end configuration, and more PCs. Like 16 as gaming will be much better at that scale.

And Valve source games are best enjoyed at 24PCs and work on IGP too..

I also suggest going for Sandy Bridge Quads(but the cheapest one u can get). And yes, go for 4GB Corsair XMS series, as the PCs will be running near 24x7 and these ram chips have about 10 years warranty.

About GPU, well you can relax there as buying cheaper mid range GPUs make sense, so you can keep upgrading them every 2 years or so-so.

Chill on the headphones, a bit lower priced ones can save a lot of bucks and give near same gaming experience. And please please get gaming mouse pads, Rantopad(Razer OEM) is very cheap and superb(mine huge mat costs rs650 amazing piece)

Oh yeah on the GPU, HD6870. Look no further. And in a week or two, the new price should become effective(256$ to 219$ price cut)

I'd rather have people waiting in queues than have half my cafe empty :p. Suggestion for sandy bridge declined as hardware has already been bought. It includes Corsair RAMS and Roccat game pads+Roccat mice. (did you even read my post ;)?) Btw, disregard market prices because the cafe is supported by Asus, Roccat and Lian Li :). The headphones were just too cheap to ignore (+ I do need comfortable headphones, nothing to do with sound quality as such). Don't ask pricing cos I've signed an NDA. The 6870 price cuts are a bummer, though :(
Aman27deep said:
Why don't you contact Steam and apply for a Café account? That'll have most steam games, though u have to rent a Café account if i'm correct. But you will have nearly all games.

https://cafe.steampowered.com/

Yup, already had the rates and everything since last year. Finally decided to go ahead with it after this thread :).
blr_p said:
All it takes is one disgruntled customer with half a brain.

Is the risk worth it ?

That is not the problem. 90% of the govt machinery runs warez. 100% of the cafes here run warez OS/ apps and games. I don't like warez personally and to make money out of it? Perish the thought. Warez is one of the reasons so many games are losing LAN support. blah, blah etcetera :eek:hyeah:

Back