Company Of Heroes Series

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Assassins Creed

all are playable at medium to low settings

NFS SHIFT

NFS HOT PURSUIT 2010

DIRT 2

i played above games to check the potential of 4250 igp and it runs that games around 14-20 fps at 1024x768 low setting.I have athlon II dual core with 880g mobo.If u overclock your igp to 1100MHz from 700Mhz and cpu to 3.37Ghz then there is only ~2fps improvement.

try older games..
i am not into gaming :D

this is just review from my side.

but these games r playable....

OP asked for which games can be played on hd4250, but imo he should buy a GPU to play games at decent fps.

@funkysourav

Thanks for the list. I found Fallout 3 very playable at 1366x768. Assasin's Creed II was not playable at this resolution(was giving 12-15fps). I will try Assasin's Creed I. I am playing Max Payne II in 1080p and I am a good fan of that game(have played it 6 years before in SD resolution, now playing in HD). I agree that latest games can't be played on integrated graphics.

Also, I am sure there are quite a good number of games(old games, gud ones) playable with HD4250.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will surely post the framerates i get with all the games mentioned above and also, if i find out games which can be played with integrated graphics and are less demanding in graphics.

Ofcourse everyone out here knows that if you get a high end graphics card, you can get good framerates and play latest games.

i played fallout 3 in 1600x900 without hitch, albeit with some lowered details

assassin's creed is running fine at 1280x800 will try at 1600x900 next

my igp is HD4200 which is a step lower than yours

i don't think Max Payne2 can be played at full HD, being a game of 2003 i doubt that it supports a resolution greater than 1024x768

@funkysourav

I am playing it :). Last resolution possible with Max Payne 2(Fall of Max payne) is 1920x1080. I am playing at 1080p with everything maxed out.

funkysourav said:
i played fallout 3 in 1600x900 without hitch, albeit with some lowered details

assassin's creed is running fine at 1280x800 will try at 1600x900 next

my igp is HD4200 which is a step lower than yours

i don't think Max Payne2 can be played at full HD, being a game of 2003 i doubt that it supports a resolution greater than 1024x768
yeah i played fallout 3 on a dinosaur mobility X1300, 4 or 6 shaders I think, or 8 maybe. 128MB VRAM, 2GB system, Core 2 Duo old old 2GHz T7xxx

Worked like a charm with some custom configuration

I still enjoy an occasional game of age of empires 2 in its stupid locked resolution.

My point is, find the type of games which you like. FPS, RTS, RPG etc.... If your IGP is not capable at 720p resolution, then reduce it till the game is playable. Enjoy the game, not the resolution or the fps at which it is being rendered.

All of the games released before 2010 will be playable if you can compromise on resolution and settings.
Better performers will be the strategy games as they generally are less resource hungry and worst performers will be FPS games.

What genre of games do you prefer? What games have you played/checked out and enjoyed the most? that narrows down the suggestions.

You could also play the oldschool source engine games like CSS, TF2 etc. UT3 is also playable at 1024x768. Games that are texture heavy won't run very well, but games that relatively shader heavy can be run decently. Its a powerful chip and I used to play mostly CSS with it before I upgraded for a tournament.

The list of games I have tested on my HD4200

Batman AA

Dead Space

Dead Space 2

Half life 2

CSS

cs 1.6

Crysis

Crysis Warhead (both unplayable even at low)

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed 2

H.A.W.X

Resident Evil 5

Bullet storm

Fifa 11

Nfs HP 2010 (unplayable even at low)

Medal of Honour 2010

Battlefield Bad company 2 (unplayable even at low)

Prototype

Nfs MW

Nfs Carbon

Nfs Undercover (very laggy,anyways shitty game)

Singularity

AOE 3

Ashes Cricket 2009

Just Cause 2 (unplayable even at low)

Burnout Paradise

Split second (not playable at low.gfx looks like **** at low settings)

Blur

Bioshock

Bioshock 2

COD MW

COD MW2

COD Black Ops

Spiderman Shattered Dimensions

Unreal Tournament 3

Unreal Tournament 2004

Mass effect

Mass Effect 2

Borderlands

Most of the above games were tested on Phenom 2 B55 BE with Biostar TA785G3 HD mobo and 4gb ram at 1024X768 with most settings at low.Unplayable games even at low rez are mentioned in brackets.Mostly games based on havok physics were unplayable like just cause 2,Split second.

@crvinay Wow, Thanks mate. you'll definitely keep me busy for a couple of months.

@proing I have not played any games recently. But 4-5 years back, I played Hitman 2, Max payne 1 & 2, NFS UG 1 & 2, Quake 3, unreal tournament, prince of persia(3D, SoT, WW)

I tested Fallout 3 and giving me 30fps at 1366x768. Maxpayne 2 playing at 60fps at 1920x1080 4xAA high details.

Back