Budget 51-70k Gaming and multi-threading laptop for cousin

Detox101

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? 70K max
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Running netwotking software simulations (extensive multithreading), high end gaming, full HD movies
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? No Preferences
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Acer
  • Any other considerations? Will Probably upgrade the RAM to 16GB.
I own a lenovo ideapad y500 bought six months back. But since it is going out of stock.. want to confirm if there are any new laptops in this price range that can hold their own against it... @prateekS and other folks.. do comment..

If you can extend your budget a bit then, Lenovo y510p is you best bet.
Just bought this laptop a week back.
The main attractions are:
* 4th gen i7 4700QM .( Better than 4702qm, is 200mhz faster)
* nvidia gt 755m with an option of sli mode by adding another gpu via ultrabay.
*1TB Hdd.
*Full HD screen. (1080p). The brightness is the best out there. check details on www.notebookcheck.net
and this has full hd screen.I'm using it.
*8GB ddr3 ram @ 1600Mhz
* Ultrabay can be used for gpu, or dvd drive or 2ed hdd.
*Full brushed metal body looks cool.
I got it for Rs 75,200/- including backpack.
also got 5000/- voucher via diwali offer.
Online price is Rs 78,000/-. but got this deal by local lenovo dealer.
He also told me 2yrs accidental warranty, but till now its showing 1 yr warranty on lenovo website.will check with dealer soon.
If you have any questions regarding this laptop,you can contact me via PM

I myself own the Y500. Amazing machine.. Just that I sometimes have issues with the touchpad and Windows 8 sucks in general.. but overall a beast machine... Would be better if I could go back to windows 7... I hate the tile crap... just need raw power and speed... with good display..

If you can extend your budget a bit then, Lenovo y510p is you best bet.
Just bought this laptop a week back.
The main attractions are:
* 4th gen i7 4700QM .( Better than 4702qm, is 200mhz faster)
* nvidia gt 755m with an option of sli mode by adding another gpu via ultrabay.
*1TB Hdd.
*Full HD screen. (1080p). The brightness is the best out there. check details on www.notebookcheck.net
and this has full hd screen.I'm using it.
*8GB ddr3 ram @ 1600Mhz
* Ultrabay can be used for gpu, or dvd drive or 2ed hdd.
*Full brushed metal body looks cool.
I got it for Rs 75,200/- including backpack.
also got 5000/- voucher via diwali offer.
Online price is Rs 78,000/-. but got this deal by local lenovo dealer.
He also told me 2yrs accidental warranty, but till now its showing 1 yr warranty on lenovo website.will check with dealer soon.
If you have any questions regarding this laptop,you can contact me via PM

I myself own the Y500. Amazing machine.. Just that I sometimes have issues with the touchpad and Windows 8 sucks in general.. but overall a beast machine... Would be better if I could go back to windows 7... I hate the tile crap... just need raw power and speed... with good display..
Now you can update to windows 8.1.If windows 8.1 free update is not showing in your windows store menu,then do he following:
To do so, you need to update your windows via windows update,once your windows is updated, then go to windows store. now windows 8.1 update should be present on your store menu.
Windows 8.1 brings back the so much missed start menu and now windows boots into desktop not the menu tiles.

Its better to install the classic shell addin to add the start menu and skip the tile screen.. but still... the tile interface and its separate set of apps keep running in the background.. hogging resources... for normal pc users.. windows 8 is a complete downer...

Back