PC Peripherals Gaming chair++

m4w

Disciple
Every geeks dream. A superior ergonomic computing/gaming/lazing system.

Take for example, this one (from Ergomotions). The prototype supposedly features:

• Two 19†Digital monitors
  • 7.1 surround sound system
  • Articulating calf support (programmable to reduce DVT)
  • Mechanically adjustable armrests, seat depth (knee to hip), head rest and monitors
  • Pneumatically inflatable lumbar and headrest bladders
  • Swing away keyboard (manual)
  • Form fitting seatback, armrests and seat cushion
  • Memory chair presets via proprietary Motion Control Board/Software
  • Compact design using twelve square feet of floor space

Not too shabby. And one can take the DIY route too. Hint: Some cars come with electronic seats that are quite comfy and can be adjusted into any position possible (well almost). Think about it, car seats are meant for making long drives comfortable for the driver. The more gaming oriented DIYer can grab a Recaro racing seat and get started.

Some more interesting designs here and here.

I'm definitely intrigued!

pc%20station.jpg
^^^ This one's kewl ! :hap2:

There are a couple of reasons I wouldn't like these - one is that the screens are way to near your eyes. Second, in-built speakers are usually quite bad, and it would be a DIY project to build in your own 5.1 system in a chair.

On a more rational note, I checked out those 'gaming chairs' they're selling at Hypercity. Good for console gaming, but nothing else. Nice low seating, lots of lumbar support. They have inbuilt speakers: for 2000 bucks for the chair what kind of speakers those are is anybody's guess. And a little dangerous to lean very far back in - you might topple.

It'll be some way till we get good gaming seating. I live alone, and I would never have something like that in my apartment. Distinctly uncool.

Back