Budget 41-50k Gaming desktop for under 50K

Detox101

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?
50K max

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
None

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Artis 5.1 speakers
APC UPS

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
mention

Processor: INTEL Core I-5 3470 3rd gen
Motherboard: Intel DH77KC
RAM: Corsair 4GBx2 Vengeance DDR3 1600 Mhz FSB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 rpm
GFX: ZOTAC GTX 660 2GB DDR5/Sapphire HD7850 2GB DDR5
DVD: Samsung DVD R/W
SMPS: CORRSAIR VS 550
Cabinet: NZXT Gamma
Display: DELL 22" LED ST 2220 L
Keyboard/Mouse: DELL USB (KB+MOUSE) KIT

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Not for the next 3-4 years

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Lamington road, Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
NO

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming only

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No Gigabyte products please

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
any new game mainly fps
60 fps+

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Please comment on the system for changes if any keeping in mind my budget. Configuring it for my teenage cousin so budget is a constraint for him. Will be buying the stuff next week itself.

Detox101 Go with this-
Intel i5 3450-11.5k OR i3 3220-7k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k OR Intel DH77KC-7k
Gskill RipjawsX 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k OR Corsair Vengeance 2X4GB 1600mhz-3.5k
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm-4.3k
Sapphire HD7850 2GB OC-13.9k OR Sapphire HD7770-9k
Seasonic S12ii 520W-4.2k
Nzxt Source 210 Elite-2.6k OR CM 311 Plus-3.4k
Dell ST2220L-8.5k
Logitech MK200 Combo-0.7k
HP Box DVD-RW-1k
If your sole purpose is gaming then a Intel i3 3220 would be good enough for you,Then you can invest in a HD7850 which will give you high graphic performance at full hd gaming.
Hope this helps.:)

Sapphire HD7850 2GB OC-13.9k

Where are you getting it so cheap?

And instead of the HD7850 2GB I recommend the GIGABYTE GTX660 2GB ~15500/-.

The HD7770 GHz edition is too anaemic to perform at full-HD with settings turned up.

The Sapphire HD7850 1GB-12.5k @smc international and HD7850 2GB-14.5k or little less,Above was a typo.GTX660 would be a good choice for 16k if OP is ready to spend that much.
Where are you getting it so cheap?

And instead of the HD7850 2GB I recommend the GIGABYTE GTX660 2GB ~15500/-.

The HD7770 GHz edition is too anaemic to perform at full-HD with settings turned up.

@ALPHA17: please comment on the the power supply and cabinet combination I have suggested i.e. CORRSAIR VS 550 and NZXT Gamma for this config. Also, I have had bad experiences with gigabyte products.. so any other alternatives for those..

Last edited by a moderator:
Please comment on the the power supply and cabinet combination I have suggested i.e. CORRSAIR VS 550 and NZXT Gamma for this config. Also, I have had bad experiences with gigabyte products.. so any other alternatives for those..

The VS series from Corsair in my opinion is a cash-grab and not a serious product á-la Cooler Master eXtreme Series counter to wean people away from that to Corsair. No reviews and speculative reports of poor quality components only see it going down in my opinion.

Instead of the VS550W, go for the Seasonic S12II 520W. I think you know the value of a good SMPS.

If you want to absolutely avoid the GIGABYTE motherboard, look at this one -- Intel DH77-KC ~7000/- OR DH77-EB ~6500/-. ASUS and MSi offerings are more expensive and downright stingy on features for budget boards on the H77 / B75 chipsets.

NZXT Gamma is fine, if you want forward USB 3.0 ports you can get a 3.5" bay adaptor for the same. E.g. -- Sedna Product in India

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Spending extra 1-2k after paying 2.5k for gamma is a waste of money,Instead OP should get Nzxt Source Elite 210-2.6k OR CM 311 Plus-3.1k with front USB 3.0 if he needs it badly.

Why does he need to spend an extra ~1000/- Rupees after buying the NZXT Gamma?

The NZXT Source Elite and Cooler Master eLite have pathetic airflow compared to the Gamma.

@ALPHA17 @Jakob: I already have an NZXT Gamma in my rig I configured a few months back and it stays incredibly cool despite no extra fans and heavy loads for many hours.. thanks to TE members for that... As far as the front USB port is concerned... I had bought a couple of USB 3.0 extension cables from a street vendor on Lamington road dirt cheap that satisfy my requirement... Just wanted a confirmation on the SMPS... I am currently using Cooler Master Silent pro.. but my cousin is a little tight on the budget... so trying not to go beyond 50k in any case.... Any good SMPS under 3K would suffice...

@ALPHA17 @Jakob: I already have an NZXT Gamma in my rig I configured a few months back and it stays incredibly cool despite no extra fans and heavy loads for many hours.. thanks to TE members for that... As far as the front USB port is concerned... I had bought a couple of USB 3.0 extension cables from a street vendor on Lamington road dirt cheap that satisfy my requirement... Just wanted a confirmation on the SMPS... I am currently using Cooler Master Silent pro.. but my cousin is a little tight on the budget... so trying not to go beyond 50k in any case.... Any good SMPS under 3K would suffice...

Look at the following options --
  • Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-
  • Cooler Master GX450W ~3500/-
  • Seasonic S12II 430W ~3200/-
Hope this helps, Cheers!

Back