Gaming Desktop - Is Dell Studio XPS 8100 for 72k the best way out?

flipsyde

Disciple
Hi everyone. I need a desktop in the office which will be used for 3d modelling work + cad and also occasional gaming. I wish to keep the system for at least 3 years before upgrading.

I am confused on whether to buy a branded (dell) or assembled system. I am looking at (i5+6GB+GTX460+1TB+24"monitor).

Let me know whats the best way to spend my 70k. The biggest advantage of the assembled system is the fact that I will get 3 years warranty on most components and the choice of components. Other than that I'm not sure what to look out for in an assembled system.

If its an assembled PC then I want to reduce budget to 55k. Can I get a i5+6GB+1TB+GTX460 in that price? Keep in mind I also have to get a monitor within the 55k. I can go up by 2-3k if required but not more. Need to justify to my sponsor that assembled is cheaper and hence the choice.

Please help people.

flipsyde said:
If its an assembled PC then I want to reduce budget to 55k. Can I get a i5+6GB+1TB+GTX460 in that price? Keep in mind I also have to get a monitor within the 55k. I can go up by 2-3k if required but not more. Need to justify to my sponsor that assembled is cheaper and hence the choice.

Please help people.

Yeah

Back