Budget 21-30k Gaming + Entertainment = PC (Tight Budget)

MrGhost

Adept
Friend wanted to build PC for Gaming + Entertainment in Tight 30k budget plus wanted to save some bucks on hardware, so I can suggest him to put extra 10k cash and buy GTX 960 or similar Nvidia card and wrap this setup around 40k. :)

What is friend budget?
~ 30K.

Friend existing hardware he wants to keep :-

Monitor - AOC 23" 1080p / Videocon 42" 1080p.

Keyboard + Mouse - Already Exists.

Which hardware component are you looking to buy :-

CPU - Intel i3 4130/4160 ( If you guys can suggest me better alternate to AMD setup will take into consideration ).
I choose i3 4130 cause of this Haswell Benchmark Review, Haswell is giving pretty awesome performance and media features considering previous Ivy architecture.

Motherboard - Thinking about Gigabyte B85 Gaming, since he's not overclocking anything.

PSU - Suggest VFM 550 PSU.

RAM - G.skill Ripjaws X 8GB 1600 MHz.

CPU Cooler : Suggest ~2k.

Cabinet : NZXT Gamma or Suggest good Alternate in below 2k.

Will upgrade the following within 6 months :-

Nvidia GTX 960 or 760.

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer) :-

Mumbai ( Primeabgb, Theitwares or Any input welcome )
Open to online purchase if warranty is not going to be an issue at local.

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

Yes.

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware :-

Gaming
Browsing
HTPC
Watching Blu-rips movies.

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing in full high settings?

1. Grand Theft Auto : 5
2. WWE W2k15
3. FIFA 15

Are you looking to over-clock?

Nope.

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 x64 bit.
Windows 10 x64.

Clear my concerns on this list :

1. Let me know that Intel i3 4130 is sufficient to avoid bottleneck issue with 960 or 760 GPU. ( Wanted real results from any of you guys experienced with Haswell Proccy and Descent GPU )
2. Gigabyte or ASUS Mobo ?? What about both After sale service ??

Thanks in Advance, Experts :D

Last edited:
You will not need cooler if you are not in to serious OC. Newer proccys and their heat sinks are pretty much capable.

Asus mobo because they have got one more service provider other than just Rashi. Last time when I had RMA-ed Gigabyte mobo it took approx 3 weeks for them to get me refurnished board. Earlier Gigabyte used to give refurbished replacement on the spot. This experience is from Mumbai.

i3-41x0 - 8,000
Asus B85M-G - ~6,000
8GB DDR3 RAM - ~4500
Seasonic S12 II 520 - ~5200
Asus STrix GTX960 2GB GDDR5 - ~17,000

This makes total cross 40k mark already with cabinet yet to select.

avoid gigabyte mobos - they release cheap revisions of boards but keep the names the same to fool people.

i3-41x0 - 8,000
Asus B85M-G - ~6,000
8GB DDR3 RAM - ~4500
Seasonic S12 II 520 - ~5200
Asus STrix GTX960 2GB GDDR5 - ~17,000
^this is a good build. going lower than this wouldn't make the money saved worthwhile.
you might be able to save about 1k on the cpu-mobo combo if you're buying locally.
you can save about 2k if you get only 4gb ram (you can add more later) and get a cabinet with that.
if you're not overclocking then an after-market cooler can be ignored.

^_^ Awesome and thanks @vyral_143 , @Crapmypants, so Definitely gonna go with Asus mobo and total pricing without cooler and include cabinet costing 25k and that's exactly what I wanted plus it clarifies that i3 4130 is powerful enough to handle 960 without bottleneck :D

Just one last thing - Suggest best shop at lamingnton road to buy all these peripherals.

Mainly I have dealt with PrimeABGB for offline purchases from Lammy. Rest of the time I have turned more to online purchases which saves my time; just to and from Lammy takes approx 3.5-4 hours from me.

I'd recommend to get an i5 (4440 - 13-14k) processor to avoid bottleneck Gfx card.
May be leave out gfx card for a month or two while you use your budget for i5
B85M - G has SPDIF if i remember correctly. It will be useful if you want to attach Home theater (Cheap ones don't have HDMI in)

@island I agree about performance wise i5 4440 is best to use but in almost half price wise i3 4xxx series are amazing, there's only 5-6 fps difference in GTA 5 while using an i5 4440 + GTX 960, so its not an issue of bottleneck but an issue of lag/jittering in some games cause some of it demands more core to perform but as I said friend won't playing many games and he can't notice any performance issue as long it runs above 30 fps [emoji14] which i3 is quietly sufficient plus i called primeabgb and getting Asus B85M-G is in very good price. :D

P.S - Will buy GTX 960, if someone wants to sell :)

Last edited:

CPU - Intel Core i3 4150 -7500,

Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,

PSU - Antec VP550P -3500,

RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -4500,

CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo -1700,

Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 -2800.

GPU - Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB -16000.

TOTAL -41,500.

Last edited by a moderator:

CPU - Intel Core i3 4150 -7500,

Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5500,

PSU - Antec VP550P -3500,

RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600Mhz -4500,

CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Evo 1700,

Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 311 -2800.

GPU - Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB -16000.

TOTAL -41,500.

Where did you get all prices from ??

I do not think you would need additional CPU cooler for this build. Money saved from there can be put in better PSU. About motherboard make, do remember experience shared earlier. :)

I do not think you would need additional CPU cooler for this build. Money saved from there can be put in better PSU. About motherboard make, do remember experience shared earlier. :)
Yeah thanks @vyral_143 bro, CPU cooler is already excluded from set-up for good PSU and ASUS B85M-G is fixed buy and i called again to Primeabgb they're giving good discounts on CPU + Mobo. :D

Back