PC Peripherals Gaming Keyboard G110

Radeon

Adept
Dear Friends,

I want a keyboard with Red backlit, earlier I was thinking of getting Saitek Eclipse I from KMD. However, I have read many negative reviews about that keyboard i.e., keyboard key wears off after sometime etc., Hence, while browsing the Internet for keyboards I found Logitech Keyboard G110. Please find hyperlink below to see the keyboard:

Gaming Keyboard G110

While, it reads on the website - "Pick your color | Custom-color character back-lighting lets you personalize the keyboard to match your setup." However the image of the keyboard is with blue backlit. Hence I just need this assurance if I would be 100% able to change the color of backlit to Red. I ONLY need a keyboard with Red backlit.

If anyone is using this keyboard, please for god sake help me. I really need it.

Thank you friends for your time and patience to go through my thread.

Radeon said:
Dear Friends,

I want a keyboard with Red backlit, earlier I was thinking of getting Saitek Eclipse I from KMD. However, I have read many negative reviews about that keyboard i.e., keyboard key wears off after sometime etc., Hence, while browsing the Internet for keyboards I found Logitech Keyboard G110. Please find hyperlink below to see the keyboard:

Gaming Keyboard G110

While, it reads on the website - "Pick your color | Custom-color character back-lighting lets you personalize the keyboard to match your setup." However the image of the keyboard is with blue backlit. Hence I just need this assurance if I would be 100% able to change the color of backlit to Red. I ONLY need a keyboard with Red backlit.

If anyone is using this keyboard, please for god sake help me. I really need it.

Thank you friends for your time and patience to go through my thread.
If you can be patient for 2-3 days, I can tell you firsthand. My G110 keyboard should arrive tomorrow or day after. :D

Sei said:
If you can be patient for 2-3 days, I can tell you firsthand. My G110 keyboard should arrive tomorrow or day after. :D
Oh! Amazing! Yes, Indeed, I will be patient, I heartily appreciate if you could please help me with my query in regards to color choice.

Thank you friend.

Letmein, thank you very much for the link.

Radeon said:
Oh! Amazing! Yes, Indeed, I will be patient, I heartily appreciate if you could please help me with my query in regards to color choice.

Thank you friend.

Letmein, thank you very much for the link.

Did you get your Keyboard, Sei? Please keep me in loop. Thank you :)

Nah, it was to be shipped on Monday but was shipped yesterday. So, should get it today.. hopefully. Will post my impressions tonight after I reach home from office i.e. if I get it today :p

Sei said:
Nah, it was to be shipped on Monday but was shipped yesterday. So, should get it today.. hopefully. Will post my impressions tonight after I reach home from office i.e. if I get it today :p
Hi, thank you for reverting back, may please know how much did it cost you? From where did you get it?

mathi_vadhanan said:
If you're particularly concerned about backlight, have a look at X6.
Hmm. Thank you, that's a very good idea, just inquired about Microsoft Sidewinder X6, it cost Rs. 3250/- at SMC. What do you guys think and recommend?

Thank you friends!

Radeon said:
Hi, thank you for reverting back, may please know how much did it cost you? From where did you get it?

The keyboard cost me 3.4k.

First Impressions: (I'm upgrading, or rather downgrading from a Razer Tarantula so please bear with me)

1. The keyboard looks very proportionate, as compared to the Tarantula which had too large a bezel.

2. The size of the keyboard is perfect. Not as big as the Tarantula, but definitely big enough too play the part of a gaming keyboard.

3. The backlight can be any gradient between red and blue. So any particular shade you looking for can be easily achieved via the software.

4. The build quality is a little plasticky. The Tarantula, on the other hand had a very solid feel and was quite heavy. This is pretty lightweight. Doesn't feel cheap though it could have been better.

5. The gamer mode (a switch which can be flicked left and right) disables the Window key. Absolute heaven.

6. The extreme top left key is not the Esc key. Have to get used to it.

7. The volume control is a dial. Very responsive and nice touch. Big mute button is a plus.

8. The feel of the keys is so much better than the Tarantula. Still have to get used to the layout, but have a feeling I'm going to like it.

9. Big key to turn off the backlighting. Nice addition.

apextwin146 said:
Sei please put up some pictures showing its backlight during Daytime too

I don't think that they will really be visible during the daytime, but will take some snaps over the weekend.

Sei said:

First Impressions: (I'm upgrading, or rather downgrading from a Razer Tarantula so please bear with me)

1. The keyboard looks very proportionate, as compared to the Tarantula which had too large a bezel.
2. The size of the keyboard is perfect. Not as big as the Tarantula, but definitely big enough too play the part of a gaming keyboard.
3. The backlight can be any gradient between red and blue. So any particular shade you looking for can be easily achieved via the software.
4. The build quality is a little plasticky. The Tarantula, on the other hand had a very solid feel and was quite heavy. This is pretty lightweight. Doesn't feel cheap though it could have been better.
5. The gamer mode (a switch which can be flicked left and right) disables the Window key. Absolute heaven.
7. The volume control is a dial. Very responsive and nice touch. Big mute button is a plus.
8. The feel of the keys is so much better than the Tarantula. Still have to get used to the layout, but have a feeling I'm going to like it.

I don't think that they will really be visible during the daytime, but will take some snaps over the weekend.

Thank you so much dear Sei. Would you be kind enough to please post some pictures of your keyboard with Red color in dark, please?

Sei said:

Thanks . Its just to gauge the overall light intensity :ashamed:

Sei said:

Nice! Thanks for a quick hands-on preview. =)

I can't ever think of investing in a good gaming keyboard for the time being due to the dust build-up at my place being close to the main road. Although i keep all the windows closed as I leave for work, the dust inside the room settles down. :(

^ Tell me about it. I've got 3 multi-storyed bulidings being constructed around me. The amount of dust and noise is too much to bear. :\

Regarding the keyboard: After 2-3 days of usage, I've realised how much I'm missing the Tarantula's sturdy feel (and weight). This is a bit plasticky for my taste (or maybe the Tarantula has spoiled me :p).

But the features in this keyboard are awesome. Way better than the Tarantula. The media control buttons, mute button and the volume control dial are so damn responsive. Same as clicking with the mouse. And the keys have got a mechanical keyboard kind of feedback which I like. Wish they made a keyboard with features of G110 and build quality of Tarantula... sigh..

Anyways, I have already purchased the Keyboard from SMC, total damage was Rs. 3600/-.

See you in show-off section later tonight ;)

Back