Laptops gaming laptop not more than 45k

laptop7

Disciple
Hi All

suggest me to buy a gaming laptop not more than 45k

1. iam preferring acer 5740g(i5,4gb,hd5470) -wat's current price of this.

2. is there any other brand laptop that can beat HD5470 in gaming and not exceed 45k

can any one give the complete review on ACer 5740g who are using it..........also head that there are problems in bios etc,....

so should i buy it now r can i wait for sm time like 1 r 2 months

cool1 said:
checkout sony vaio E series it has one model with i5,4gb and 5650 1gb , but i forgot the model number.
I guess you talking about VPCEB16FG and it has an i3 proccy, not i5. Its also a little over his budget...he mentioned "not more than 45k"
Its a good laptop to consider if he can add another 2k to his budget.

@laptop7: Do look at Sony Vaio VPCEB14EN/BI as well. Its with i3/3GB RAM/HD 5470 but priced at just 39k and another thing, its a Vaio. If you willing to compromise a little with the proccy and good with i3 then this Vaio is a good one.

Also have a look at this: Here comes the Sony Vaio E series - Budget Gaming

DarkAngel will be here soon to advice the same laptops:eek:hyeah:

rite said:
MSI i5 + 4gb + 5850 + 1tb for 60k shipped + customs

What a lame advice! What part of 'not more than 45k' did you not comprehend?

This looks like another Acer 5740G recommendation. Seen the laptop in person at Croma and is indeed a VFM buy.

I have a 5470g with i5 and ati hd 5650...
It cost me 43.8k.

But i think it is being discontinued. Most dealers have no idea that it exist. Try big outlets like vijay sales or tata croma....

^There are multiple variants for the 5740G - I can confirm the model that comes with the i5 processor, 4 gigs of RAM, 500GB hard drive and the 5650 1GB GPU comes with a price tag of 44k (or maybe 45k!).

If you can stretch your budget a little more the Sony Vaio VPCEB16FG ,can be bought for ~47k .The processor is core i3 330 but should be more than sufficient for most games with the HD5650-1GB. The screen on this Vaio is truly amazing and lot better than other competitors.Also it's build quality ,finish and looks are comparatively better than the 5740. Only drawback is poor battery performance-ie 90-100 mins only .

FaH33m said:
Only drawback is poor battery performance-ie 90-100 mins only .

Which btw is true for most laptops of a similar configuration. I was told by the Croma guy that even the Acer 5740G has a battery that lasts about 90 minutes.

In that case it's pretty normal then .I was scared cause I bought it for my cousin and he was slightly disappointed because He couldn't even watch a complete movie on full charge and balanced power mode. I was shocked when I first heard it . :p

Just my couple of cents, do check out the lower resolutions of the vaio before you buy it. The full HD (1920×1080) looks great but with the graphics card you will not be able to play recent games at decent frames.

I decided against vaio just because of the fact. This laptop is more suited for movies and multimedia stuff.

pure gaming laptops offer battery life upto 1.5 hrs .90 mins on E is complete disappointment . Buy a laptop with good discrete graphics only if you are interested in full time gaming as it would sucking 15-20w even when you are reading something . you can wait for the launch Acer TimelineX which has a battery backup of 6-8 hrs : Arrandale i7 620M upto i3 330M , 5470/5650 ATI switchable graphics and may have optimus 330M in some models ,640GB

^^90 mins= 1.5hrs;) [60 mins + 30 mins] and he clearly states he's budget is no more then rs. 45000 so that acer timelinex is out of his budget:)

@laptop7- that acer model you asking about comes with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 1GB. My friend got it few weeks back for 42.5k from Primeabgb, Mumbai. And for your budget (in case you don't wish to increase it a little)seems a best buy. Still do consider Sony E series's both models, you can read more about the vpceb14n in Sei's review.

if you are getting from US then you can get better models from ASUS

a full fledged timelineX 3820TG (i7-620,4GB,5650..) costs around 50K(converted to INR) .india might get an i3 or i5-430M so price might be around 45k

Back