Monitors Gaming monitor suggestion 24" and Query

Atlantis

Disciple
Hi ! Please suggest a Gaming monitor 24".
My Build Ryzen pro 4650G (APU)
16gb 3200

What is the max resolution my Apu would support ?
Amazon options are welcome.
rgds

It depends on your motherboard more than the APU. If your motherboard has a HDMI 1.4 port, it can only do 1440p 60hz or 4k 30hz. Better check your motherboard specs in detail to know what version of port you have on your board.

I had a X470 Gaming plus motherboard with a HDMI 1.4 port and have a XV272U, which does 1440p 144hz. When shifting to a 5600G, I had to change my motherboard, to a Gigabyte B550M with a HDMI 2.1 port so that the monitor can do 1440p 144hz.

Last edited:
It depends on your motherboard more than the APU. If your motherboard has a HDMI 1.4 port, it can only do 1440p 60hz or 4k 30hz. Better check your motherboard specs in detail to know what version of port you have on your board.

I had a X470 Gaming plus motherboard with a HDMI 1.4 port and have a XV272U, which does 1440p 144hz. When shifting to a 5600G, I had to change my motherboard, to a Gigabyte B550M with a HDMI 2.1 port so that the monitor can do 1440p 144hz.
Apologies, I should have given more specs.
This is the motherboard model :
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-A520M-VECTOR-WIFI

In retrospect, I should have asked " which monitor specs does my system support "?
I am currently on a 19" monitor , 1366x 768 , 60hz .
Will an upgrade to a 24 " with higher resolution and hz make a difference ?

Thanks for your reply SunnyBoi !

what kind of games are you going to be playing?

anyway the max you could get out of valorant is around 120Hz, but most of the other games you wont be able to go past 70-75Hz

another call for you to make is future upgradability, do you plan on buying a GPU if yes then go for a 120Hz
on the other hand if you have a real tight budget just go for the most proven monitor out there

i would go for the benQ 24inch FHD VA panel, I am personally using it and its awesome, most value for money monitor, deepest blacks, decent viewing angles... i've had it for like 6+ years now

now to answer your question "Will an upgrade to a 24 " with higher resolution and hz make a difference ?" yes if you move to a higher resolution you will see a performance change, keep in mind that the screen size doesn't matter but the resolution does

if you're super tight on budget let me know

Back