Budget 31-40k Gaming / Net surfing / some HD experience.

xtrm

Recruit
Questions

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
HDD - 1TB SATA

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
HDD - 1TB SATA

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CUP - Intel Core i5-2500k Quad Core CPU
GPU ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II Graphic Card
PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX600 Power Supply
CABINET - Antec VSK-2000 Gaming Cabinet
MONITOR - DELL ST2220L 21.5-inch Wide LED
RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

finding right motherboard and getting budget down to 40K

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
No, upgrade options are accessories only if required

Modem / Router / switch [Wireless]
webcam
headphone
AIO home printer

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Mumbai

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Preference: Intel, Asus.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
L4D, borderlands. TF2, LoL, Tribes: ascend, the secret world

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1920x1080

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

@xtrm you can get this configuration --

Intel Core i5 2400 ~11500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~6500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 ~3500/-
AMD HD 7850 2GB ~15000/-
Samsung [OEM] / HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2400/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-
Dell ST2220L ~8500/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~4600/-
LOGITECH multimedia desktop [keyboard + mouse] ~700/-

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
@xtrm taking your highly inflexible budget into account, this is what you should get --

Intel Core i3 2120 ~6500/-
Intel DH67-BL ~6500/-
AMD HD 7850 2GB ~15000/-
Samsung / HP [boxed] optical drive ~1000/-
NZXT Gamma ~2400/-
Seasonic S12II 520W ~3700/-
Dell ST2220L ~8500/-
LOGITECH multimedia desktop [keyboard + mouse] ~700/-

Hope this is a better RIG.

Last edited by a moderator:
why 520W? cx600 is in same range.

can you suggest any brand that go with 7850; if I need to reconsider on 560 ti.

why 520W? cx600 is in same range.

can you suggest any brand that go with 7850; if I need to reconsider on 560 ti.

Because of the following reasons the Seasonic S12II 520W beats the CX V2 600W --

For the HD 7850 2GB you can look at the following brands: Sapphire, HIS, GIGABYTE and MSi.

The HD 7850 is faster, more efficient card than the GTX 560Ti but the latter performs better in a few titles like Battlefield 3. I reiterate that you go for the HD 7850 over the GTX 560Ti because technically it is a newer and better design. A benchmark run between the same here.

ok, one more query if I wait on 7850 further and and only start my build with dh67-bl and 2500k, will it handle display for some time and does H77 chipset worth a look?

if I wait on 7850 further and and only start my build with dh67-bl and 2500k will it handle display for some time and does H77 chipset worth a look?

You are not going to over-clock so refrain from splurging on a -k marked processor, it holds nothing special to it apart from an unlocked multiplier for easy over-clocking.

If you can wait for the graphics card and are in no hurry, then go for this set-up --

Intel Core i5 3550 ~14500/-
ASUS P8H77M-PRO ~9500/-
[rest configuration same-same as earlier]

Apart from this keep these points in mind --
  • You will be incapable of gaming until you get a discrete graphics card, the Intel HD 2500 IGP can handle most day-to-day activities but casual gaming OR gaming at very low settings is the only option you will have;
  • if you are waiting for the graphics card, you might be able to expand your options of graphics cards, considering the mid-range nVidia Kepler will be unwrapped;
  • going for Sandy-Bridge processor + Panther-point motherboard [H77 / Z77 chipsets] does not make a lot of sense until you plan to upgrade your PC to Ivy-Bridge within ~3 -->4 months of this purchase.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheerio!!

going for Sandy-Bridge processor + Panther-point motherboard [H77 / Z77 chipsets] does not make a lot of sense until you plan to upgrade your PC to Ivy-Bridge within ~3 -->4 months of this purchase.

Hope this answers your queries, Cheerio!!

Nope No more big purchases for me :)... Thank you ALPHA17

If you can confirm and clarify as an option any am3+ 970 build (quad core 3Ghz) that can run with 7850.

For AMD this is the configuration you can go for --

AMD FX-8120 ~11000/-
ASUS M5A97-M ~6500/-
[rest all components same-same]

This RIG can be over-clocked freely. But the overall performance and efficiency is below the Intel set-up I suggested you earlier.

thank you for reply.

one last query APC 1100VA at primeabgb online for rs5111, is it valid price or should I check at local shops as well.

one last query APC 1100VA at primeabgb online for rs5111, is it valid price or should I check at local shops as well.

It will be better if you go to Prime ABGB in person and ask for the price as I think the price is on the higher side; it should be topping out at ~5000/-. And if you buy the whole computer and associated peripherals [from Prime] you might be able to bargain for a small price cut.

if I need to reconsider on base components; does following components provide any value while experiencing HD or games from last years I mentioned earlier. list as follows, H61 + I5 2320 + CX500 + amd 6870.

also can you suggest few budget cpu cooling system.

if I need to reconsider on base components; does following components provide any value while experiencing HD or games from last years I mentioned earlier. list as follows, H61 + I5 2320 + CX500 + amd 6870.

also can you suggest few budget cpu cooling system.

Actually I was not able to make any sense out of the English you had used to write the PM to me that is what I did not reply to it. This, here, makes a lot more sense.

And this is what I think about your current configuration [that the shopkeeper is offering you] --
Core i5 2320 --> You can replace the Core i5 2400, the various Core i5 series processors in the Intel family are just base variations of the clock-speed and concurrently the highest Turbo-frequency the same can reach.
H61 based motherboard --> Best you do not deviate from the H67-BL motherboard I recommended as the H61 chipset does not support USB 3.0 and SATA III natively.
CX v2500W --> The Seasonic SMPS is a much better design, has higher efficiency rating [80+ Bronze vis-a-vis 80+ standard on the CX v2500W] and has much better gamut of power cables.
AMD HD6870 --> An older graphics card from the HD 68** series, the HD 7850 2GB has plenty of lead against this one and is more power efficient at that -- AnandTech - Bench - GPU12.

Hope this answers your query, Cheerio!

Back