Gaming PC broke, so got this instead !

Brendon

Skilled
My good old PC stopped working and I didn't have the time to assemble another one. So decided to shift to console gaming instead. So I went ahead and got this :

The box !

The spartan green console

Another shot

The wireless controller

The controller takes a looooong time to get used to when playing FPS !

^^ u can !! but they r very hard to find & r not very good..

sigh.. y cant they make Mouse & KB work with consoles; i wud throw my PC in a jiffy...

Thanks guys, bought with bill and warranty for 26990 from JJmehta in dadar.

This thing has like 2 USB ports. Why oh why can't they just make some even half baked decent mouse and keyboard combo for it ? I would buy that immediately if it came out !!!!

20k ! That must be the grey market price. It is for 35k with bill and warranty ! The Pro (without HDMI) comes for 23k with 4 games (none that I like) and they heat up more. The Halo 3 edition comes with a larger heat sink and hence runs cooler.

With all the RROD problems of the Xbox, I don't dare buy without warranty !

The 35k one is the XBOX 360 Elite and its supposedly going to take the place of the Pro version after a price cut. It would probably be priced at 26~27k. The Pro version is currently priced at 23k and the Core model at 15k.

^^same here only the better cooling n HDMI support in halo3 edition than the core version:S so much diff in price for this?? 15k and 25k..
or is there HDD space diff too...

Congratulation's buddy on your new Halo Edition X360 [when will i get my PS3 or X360]........

And yes u can use any keyboard mouse to play all your beloved FPS games........

The one in stock is @ play-asia but costs 3.6k which i guess is worth it....

Buy XFPS 3.0 Sniper (Xbox360) - Order Now!

And here's a review of the same
Review: Team Xtender XCM XFPS 3.0 Sniper - DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Apple iPhone Forums

Its got a big heatsink that is found in the Elite. Plus Halo 3 consoles are newer consoles since they were manufactured last year only. While the PRO and Core consoles here can be manufactured even before that.

The Halo 3 console has very few instances of RROD also.

Hey andrew327, thanks for the link. Had a look at a lot of reviews and it seems to be quite good. I think after a month ill order it from play-asia.

though i am not at all a fan of consoles but since you have already paid a huge sum for it so ... Congratulations and enjoy the console.

Thanks Everyone !

@thebaink - Thanks, but to be honest its not all that expensive. I already have a laptop for basic surfing and stuff. I wanted to get a gaming PC, since my old setup went kaput. But I realised that I would have to spend almost 30k to get a gaming PC. And my graphics card there would get obsolete in a very short time !

Plus I would have to keep on upgrading my PC to keep up with the pace of game development.

So I decided to try a console. Besides the gamepad (which isn't that much of a prob, getting used to it !) I love the console. Always play games maxed out and I don't have to upgrade a thing to keep pace with the latest games even 3 years down the line ! :D

Back